Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Irma

Irma
September 06, 2017 06:36PM
Kelly and I have tried to contact all our forum friends that could be at risk. Very very sorry if I forgot your name. We are concerned for all.

Thank you for our friends who have asked about us. We are waiting to see if the storm enters the Gulf. A number of models show it turning North before landfall near Miami. The Mayor of Miami is waiting too. Ordering an evacuation isn't a minor call. You better be right. So he might know something.

We are somewhat prepared. And are prepared to Bug out if it seems wise. I'm too old to be a storm fighter.

God Bless you all. I just pray the cursed thing might turn North and blow itself out. I want it to curl back away from South Carolina and Georgia. These things are hideous vengeful beasts. Get out of their way.

Our very best,
Gary and Kelly
September 06, 2017 07:05PM
Best of luck to you and Kelly.
September 06, 2017 07:37PM
Thank you Rugar.

The water management projects we've done have been a huge help. They carry an enormous amount of water. However; wind would be exceedingly bad. There are thousands of long leaf pines. Limbs about 80 feet up. Fairly shallow roots. So; we appreciate your prayers.

Right, we learned most all about water and trees AFTER moving here. If you always knew what to study in advance, you'd be very very wise.

Gary
September 07, 2017 12:55AM
I was hardening the site all day today, more tomorrow. I still have a little fight in me. Watching the shrimp boat scene in Forest Gump now.

Lon
September 08, 2017 09:31AM
Gary
Do you guys plan on evacuating? I know a couple of others down there have to be leaving . When Andrew came thru a cousin/ friend was killed in Florida due to the storm . It's not what you would think but he's was a claims adjuster for an insurance company crossing the road ( walking ) and got hit and killed . I miss joey . He was a young kid I went to school with and later found out he was my wife's relative.

God bless y'all

Thanks
Kurt
September 08, 2017 02:29PM
Hi Kurt,

According to their tracking, we are on the edge of the cone of tropical winds. I hate wind, like everybody else. And our tall, weak root, long leaf pine trees certainly don't like wind.

We are at approx 260 feet elevation, so we are not at any danger of flooding, just getting rid of local rain.

Doing our best. Please just keep us in our prayers.

Gary and Kelly
September 09, 2017 02:47AM
They keep moving the track West. Every time I prepare deeper, they move the track more toward our place. Heyyyyy!!!! scared

Ha.

We are watching and I have my Guardian Buddy half way around the world who is a Meteorologist Wiz keeping an eye out for us.

Keep this huge mass of humanity in your prayers. What an enormous operation that they have under way.

God's Grace
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021