Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: "Fixing Inlaid Mosaic"Green bowing

"Fixing Inlaid Mosaic"Green bowing
September 06, 2017 07:07PM
IMG_7066.JPG

Materials are not "required" to cooperate with Artists. In that triangle piece, during grinding; TWO odd anomalies showed up in the fine web pattern within the blue matrix. They were what I call "hot spots". They grab your eye and prompt questions.

IMG_7071.JPG

Here is my reaction to matters like these. I have always been committed to keeping the Logo of BARNES as a very special thing.

You will note that these Mosaic panels don't just pop apart. And this stone is a bear to remove, once inlaid.

IMG_7075.JPG

But, this wasn't my first rodeo. I kept at it until it was correct. New piece inlaid and ground into place.

Hope you enjoyed seeing thevwork.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 12:36AM by barnespneumatic.
September 07, 2017 10:42AM
Hey Gary,
Look at it this way: it gives you something to do while 'we' are surfing Irma. I don't think we will be bored.
Praying for you and me and everyone else in the path. Keep your head down and your hat on.
Later,
Jeff
September 07, 2017 01:58PM
Stay safe Jeff,
You know where we are if you need to bug out.
Sorry you have another thing to deal with.
God help us All
Gary
September 08, 2017 09:22AM
Gary
That's a real drag finding that inclusion after all that labor . You did a fine job replacing it but you know you could have punched a hole smack dab in the middle of it and stick an emerald or ruby in there . I notice how nice the curved radius corners look at the transition from mammoth, to matrix, to bolster ! Gosh I hate doing that kinda small work. It just never works out for me . You make it look easy but i know it's not .
Thanks for sharing

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021