Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Weekend

Weekend
September 25, 2017 03:38AM
Good to see Gary making headway with the power hammer with assistance from Kurt & Jake.

Trying to make my life easier, less yard maintenance, by removing old shrubbery. Got a decent price from a yard service place. I wanted to verify my yard boundary and could you believe a surveyor company want $545 to find the four metal posts that mark my lot!

I told coworkers I should find someone with a metal detector and pay them. One coworker said the local rental business has them for rent. I reserved it, got it home, got my shovel and found the first with no issue. Second was a struggle as two large roots had grown over the metal spike. Found the two in the front yard within a few inches, didn't want to dig up the lawn! Worked out to my lot width size of 71' so must be correct.

IMG_4561.JPG

In the backyard I hammered in two wood pegs to always be able to see the boundary with out digging.

Neat experience and cost $26 for rental and my 1.5 hours of time. Saved a lot! Same cost of survey would pay for complete removal of shrubs.

Sunday, drove 1 3/4 hr one way fir a birthday party for my mother in law. She is turning 80 this coming Friday. She is doing well at her age for having had 16 children! Yes 16!

Have a great week!

Pedro
Re: Weekend
September 25, 2017 03:31PM
Hi Pedro,

HOLY COW ..... 16 Children. Incredible. And in those families, the older children get plenty of practice raising the younger ones.
Your Wife has 15 siblings. Amazing.

Yes, surveyors are a self appointed elite bunch. Down here they cut an absurd swath everywhere they moved. Brush hook whack down. Let razor sharp punji sticks all over half an acre just to pass thru once. And every corner will have a six foot spread of five different pins as various surveyors compete for dominance. Haha.

Get some cast Steel fencing stakes like used for barbed wire. Not the cheaper folded sheet steel versions. The cast posts last forever.

Good job. Yes, as you age, "less shrubs" are better shrubs. Haha.

Thanks for posting Pedro!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021