Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Airgun Project! shooter

Airgun Project! shooter
November 01, 2017 02:25PM
IMG_8159.JPG

With a Shop Work name of Yaupon 25, there is an Airgun coming to life on my benches.

It's been a year and a half since I went thru inventory lists, and sourced extra parts that might make an interesting rifle. In August of 16, I drew out a careful mechanical shop drawing of the interrelationships between the parts, and I've been working - here and there - to accumulate the needed parts to blend it all into a fine Carbine.

IMG_2124.JPG

The piece I'm making will be quite similar to this Rendezvous 25 Magnum. Not identical - but a definite, easily recognizable Brother.

IMG_8160.JPG

If time and materials allow, I'll try to make a couple copies of parts I hope may be useful. Many are listed on the log sheets for parts. Key information, sizes, and any customer who may need this for their order are noted.

IMG_8162.JPG

I had found that I had a "Cranked 1" Frame" for a Carbine. Great!

And, as noted ... it was already beautifully hot blued! I found a standardized 1" intake - blued. Score again!

IMG_8158.JPG

Moving forward, here I'm making the Alloy Tower that will hold the receiver parts. This Tower will contain the transfer port, and hold the Barrel Hub, and the Integral Reservoir/Hammer Tube. The trigger block is designed and the tool steel lever train has been made.

Thought you may enjoy seeing a background Airgun project!

Thanks for Reading!
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2017 02:33PM by barnespneumatic.
IMG_8161.JPG
November 01, 2017 10:48PM
Gary
So all those parts you've been stockpiling are finally going to pay off . I can not wait to see what you come up with.

Thanks
Kurt
November 02, 2017 02:43AM
Me too Kurt!

Great to make more Airgun parts. Woot woot.
November 02, 2017 05:06PM
Note the finish please.

IMG_8186.JPG

You don't get that finish from bits and mills right out of the box.

And I don't use parts that look like they were bored with a groundhog.

Cheers,
Gary
November 02, 2017 10:24PM
Nice work. It will save a lot of time too . One more hole in there yet to join the barrel to . Sweet

Thanks
Kurt
November 02, 2017 11:25PM
Actually Kurt ....

Ahhh .....
That's another one. After the pic the other evening, I noticed the scribed line and the face of the vise were no longer aligned. The side edges of the billet had a ever so slightly bowed face each side. The vise jaws were nice and tight. But the quill pressure of the drill bit had spun the billet down during drilling.

Hey! What an opportunity to get it right the second time!!!!

Ha
Gary
November 03, 2017 01:45PM
Gary,

Ouch, that's a shame. But it's good to see some airgun activity taking place out of the shop. If it looks anything like Kent's son's, it will be awsome.

Karl
November 03, 2017 02:53PM
Thanks Karl!

I'm adding all that back into the mix for various sessions.

Funny, I've had to research various Barnes files as reference for numbers and such. I've enjoyed seeing my documentation and charts.

Thanks for commenting. It's good to know you are there Karl.

Best,
Gary
November 04, 2017 01:11AM
That is a beautiful design. I shot Keith's which is similar.

Lon
November 04, 2017 02:50AM
Gary,

Nice to see an airgun project on the bench. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021