Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Couple different machining Projects!

Couple different machining Projects!
November 28, 2017 11:25PM
Working on a heavy Carbine, in the family of the Hoss, Hawg.

IMG_8823.JPG

Working on a great Mosaic Display Size 97. A Jules Verne themed - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Mosaic of Pearl, Coral, Lapis, Black Jet. With detailed engravings!

IMG_8824.JPG

IMG_8825.JPG

Hope you enjoy following along.

Best,
Gary

Oh ... I had a real nice time with family and friend visits at Thanksgiving. It did involve a heavy dose of getting ready after I got the Turkey paid for. Then, afterwards, there was the wind down of after a big event. Meaning ... there was stuff to do in those flurries which you get into once a year when people are coming. Ha. That stuff you can't do "because you are working!" So; you get pried loose from the shop to get ready and then you face dum dum dummmmm ..... The list!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Then you run back to the shop! You put away pliers for two days!!! How many pliers DO I HAVE!!!

Then, finally .... you get that whiff of WD40. That trip over the Air hose! It's ok, I broke my fall .... with my face. I'm good! I'm back!!!
November 29, 2017 01:01AM
Gary,

Glad to hear you had a nice thanksgiving! And if you remember I love Hoss, and will be following this! Lets talk if you think it might be fruitful

Best Greg
November 29, 2017 04:06AM
Thank you Greg,

We will talk. I have a group of parts I've accumulated. I was definitely going rear hammer and bolt action, probably 50 Caliber. But I hadn't decided on stacked or side by side components yet.

Gary
November 29, 2017 03:36PM
Gary,

Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving. We did too....and I fully understand the "flurries " that you mentioned. Just trying to catch my breath before the next holiday and all that will entail. I am also a big fan of the "Hoss" design and will be eagerly watching it's creation. For what it's worth, I vote for "stacked".

Karl
November 29, 2017 06:09PM
Hi Karl,

It's worth a lot. Thank you for posting.

Yes .... I'm also deciding between coupons for Chicken Nuggets, or Handmade gifts again this year. Hummmmm .... they ARE tasty ....

Gary
November 29, 2017 10:07PM
IMG_8831.JPG

Quite a bit of prep work.

I need Kurt's CNC. Does it do pearl strips Kurt?
November 30, 2017 05:37PM
Haha
Can't help you there Gary with the CNC . You sure got your " work cut out for you " pun intended . All those stripped out pieces look like a lot of work . What are the blue with green stripes? They all look so delicate. This( display knife ) will sure take up some time .

Ps: I'll take one of them Hawg legs too ! Hehe
I'll never forget this permanent smile on this young man holding AND shooting Barnes style .

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 05:44PM by kurt wag.
IMG_1154.JPG
IMG_1155.JPG
November 29, 2017 10:19PM
That looks great Gary, I am not up on all the lingo but I am guessing a knife? And no reason to show any more pictures of the heavy carbine, one was enough!!
November 30, 2017 04:30PM
I worked last night, and am this morning....

To complete my shop drawings and then an overlaid rendition of the Hawg Leg Pistol or Carbine that I've been envisioning.

Please hang on ...

Thanks very much!!!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021