Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Vest Pocket Series

boing. Vest Pocket Series. boing
December 21, 2017 10:46PM
(Don't look Kurt!!!!)

Ok. For the rest of you, enjoy the pics. This is a really sweet Vest Pocket Folder. No matter if YOUR vest is made of Khaki, Denim, Wool, or Silk; a Barnes Folder should live there.

I'll make some more.

IMG_9349.JPG

IMG_9343.JPG

IMG_9344.JPG

IMG_9345.JPG

IMG_9346.JPG

IMG_9342.JPG

IMG_9351.JPG

Now ... over the years I've found that TWO things KILL a thread deader than dry bones. 1). "Sell the item" the thread is about. 2). Gary made a statement regarding the item. (It was all you needed to know). Bummer from this side of the glass. Common. Here's your big chance. Let's try to drown out Kurt's sobbing.....

Gary

These Vest Pocket (Watch Pocket folders, have created a flurry of interest. Thank you. You know .... years ago, Levi Strauss and Wrangler went to a lot of trouble to design in a small pocket to contain my small folding knives. I extend the spring tang and provide a hole for a watch chain's clip. You never know the knife is in it's pocket, until a pleasant conversation is begun regarding ..... "What's on your chain?.... Or your braided leather cordage?" I found these knives were irresistible thirty years ago. They still are. I'm making more. Glad you enjoy them. I'll make more. Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 02:55PM by barnespneumatic.
December 21, 2017 11:43PM
I'll bite.

What types of scales will the series sport?

Lon
December 22, 2017 01:17AM
I have some Pearl. White, Black, Abalone I think. Various Skeeter Tusk. Stabalized Live Oak. Purple Heart. Those first come to mind.

Not saying it's one money no matter what. But I like this size, profile, I think

Maybe some engraved sides. Yep.

Gary
December 22, 2017 03:22AM
They are sweet!

Lon
December 22, 2017 06:15PM
Gary
That really is a great little carry all type of knife . I'm thinking even a nice purse knife for the ladies actually. The earlier one Scott bought matches the pendant necklace my wife got from you made with that jelly roll skeeter tusk .
Those little blades stay Sooooo sharp longer too .

Thanks
Kurt
December 23, 2017 03:43AM
Kurt,

A couple of years back, Scott got one of my engraved brass "Mill Scene" Pieces.

IMG_9367.JPG

It was a Vest Pocket Knife with a very slim blade. He said that .... as a Surgeon, he had never used a Scalpel that was as sharp as that Vest Pocket Knife!

Gary
December 27, 2017 12:15AM
And it still holds its edge quite well!
I had been missing that knife for the last 4 months. It had been one of my favorites to carry, thin and light and SHARP and I couldn’t figure out where I left it. My daughter, home from college, says, “Remember that knife with the scene on the side? I have it in my purse. Can I keep it?”
I was thankful to know where it is. All I asked was a chance to see it, and a promise she would appreciate its value. Who knows what she has been cutting with it, but it’s still sharp!

Scott
December 27, 2017 02:03AM
Hah!!!

You never had a chance Scott. Did she give you a big hug when she asked? Haha.

Well ... I guess you need another one then .... oh weeeelllll .... haha ....

Gary
December 23, 2017 07:34PM
That is a nice looking pocket knife! The dark scales accents the blade well.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021