Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Checking In - Monday (Gary)

Checking In - Monday (Gary)
June 01, 2009 09:45PM
We had very nice weather here for the weekend. This being the time of the year for it .... I spent the weekend doing yard and house chores. I'm pleased to report that my injections have been a great help. By evening, I'm very sore and achy ... but not damaged. I've been able to get some good work done lately. The shop had reached critical mass again ... even did some streamlining of tool storage that will help.

Just a mention: I've gotten several really nice e-mails lately. They've mentioned enjoying my work ... but they've offered a sincere well wish and a prayer for health. I value those. Thank you very much.

This Wed. the town Fireman's Parade and this week is the Fireman's Carnival in town. Nothing like small town rural America while it's still here in places. I'll have a crab cake for you. Maybe even a funnel cake later on. winking smiley

Just checking in. Enjoying the posts that you've cared to share.

Best,
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 02:24PM by barnespneumatic.
June 02, 2009 03:44PM
Glad you're doing well!!

I myself am feeling old....I turned 49 yesterday! Only 1 more year until I am officially over the Hill surprised

Hopefully, my children will take pity on me in my dotage more innocent

Hey, I have a compressor coming (hopefully) soon, so I can begin to shoot more often - MAYBE I'll even remember to take pictures....don't hold your breath, though cooler
June 03, 2009 03:29PM
Oh ... that's OK. I keep forgetting to finish your Bullpup too! whistling grinning smiley

What kind of compressor are you getting? Anything that compresses is good to go - just curious.

Gary
June 03, 2009 10:42PM
Gary

It is a re-built military surplus compressor, about 3 CFM, 4500PSI - not breathing quality air, but dry and good for PCPs cooler
June 04, 2009 02:50PM
Excellent. Hope it works well for you.

Lots of pics now ... smileys with beer

Gary
June 05, 2009 02:01AM
Yes, I AM expecting lots of pictures....of the bullpup!
June 05, 2009 03:53PM
Carb cakes? aaahhhhhh mannnnnn.....

I havent had a decent crab cake since I lived in Atlanta in the early 80's.......
June 05, 2009 06:19PM
Perhaps one of the perks of living in Maryland. Although, I couldn't say if the crab meat came from Md., Alaska, or Asia. At any rate; the people preparing the crab cakes for platters and sandwiches at the Carnival are doing a good job. Lots of nice meat - little filler.

We went over a couple of times. Unfortunately for them, one of our patterns of endless rain has struck again. Few things more sad than a Carnival in the rain. We'll hope for a good Saturday for them.

Gary
June 05, 2009 07:11PM
J. Paul's has the best crab cakes I've ever had. Unfortunately, their Harborplace location in downtown Baltimore has recently been the scene of floating bodies and roving gangs of "youths" fond of beating the tar out of unsuspecting tourists for absolutely no reason. We're giving the city a rest for a long while . . . I like life too much. sad smiley

-- Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021