Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Christmas Afternoon Evening?

Christmas Afternoon Evening?
December 25, 2017 08:14PM
Hope you all had a great morning.

We are all vertical still. Nobody tossing cookies this morning. Though my Son has been eating mainly Saltine Crackers.

Anybody come away with an interesting gift to show?

Dude, I'm watching efficiency in motion. My Daughter-in-law is taking down their Christmas Tree!!! And all the boxes are broken down. Wow!!!

Later. Kelly wants to use my phone to send Christmas pics to her phone!!! Haha.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2017 08:39PM by barnespneumatic.
December 25, 2017 10:22PM
Gary & Kelly
It was a wonderful couple of days . Lotza food and family. The stabilized oak gifts were a big hit . Thank you very much . It's now 10 degrees temperature out with negative windchill. There are NO tee shirts outdoors here . Even the dog walks are brief and fewer but the snow is beautiful. You guys better get outta there before saltines and ginger ale will be on your menu too .

We wait till after New Years to take the tree down . It's still drinking over a gal of water a day and we really enjoy the smell and decorations.
Thanks again and Happy holidays. Snowman

Ps: Back to the grind tomorrow.

Thanks
Kurt
December 25, 2017 11:50PM
I love the tree too. We usually take ours down around March ......31st ....haha.

Well, weareback home. Yayyyyy. I'm in my seat. I have hot coffee.... yayyyy. From a cheap drip coffeemaker .....yayyyyy. And I can go to WORK!!!!! Yayyyyyyyy

Ahhhh. Merry Christmas, one and all!!!!

Gary
December 25, 2017 10:52PM
Merry Christmas all. Hope everyone gets better soon. We've had our share of the flu couple weeks ago and thankfully cleared before the holidays. Got some slippers and socks... the typical stuff for the old gent. Hope you guys did as wellwinking smiley
December 26, 2017 09:43PM
So nobody got a toy?

No BB gun?

No Barnes Gutter Knife?

No new crossbow?

No ATV?

Boat? Motor?

Flashlight?

Socks?

December 27, 2017 02:45AM
I didn’t even get a lump of coal!

My parents give cash, easier for them. My wife and I decided not to by each other things as we buy so many things throughout the year.

I agree with Scott, everyone is healthy so cannot as for much more
December 27, 2017 12:04AM
Merry Christmas!
I got a new battery operated drill "festive", which I used while replacing the unexpectedly dead water heater Bang!.
Everybody here is healthy, so I can’t ask for anything more.

Scott

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2017 12:06AM by Scott.
December 27, 2017 02:12AM
Ahhhh .... the CHRISTMAS WATER HEATER!!!

One year we began opening presents when .... POP!!! .... and water started spraying thru the kitchen floor. A frozen pipe had burst. And ... unknown to me .... Kelly held back the hordes of children wanting to open gifts, while I found the stuff and capped the pipe off! Awwwwwlll.

Then, I helped my Son replace a water heater at his home around / or at Christmas. Great fun. The pipe and water valve we turned off proved to "NOT BE" the pipe that fed the water into the unit. When we cut the actual "pressurized" pipe .... we had our own water park! And, of course, had we known where the real valve was to turn the water off, we would have. So; finding the actual feed pipe valve with the pipe "ALREADY" sliced makes for a lively time!

Hope you did better Scott! Hi ho ho.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2017 01:22PM by barnespneumatic.
December 27, 2017 05:04AM
I worked, 3 12's so that everybody else could enjoy. I did listen to classic Christmas music all weekend at work though, it was just like being there.

I'll get'em next year............I hope. At the very least it would mean I haven't been "offshored" yet.Snowman

Lon
December 27, 2017 04:06PM
Gary and Kelly,

We had our share of sick wife, children, grandchildren as well this season. Seems like some kind of flu-like bug was running rampant through our town. Mostly down to coughs an occasional sneezes now. Thankfully it missed me . My wife and I kept it low-key for each other this year. No gifts. Just focused on the kids and grandkids.

Karl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021