Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Burrrr

Burrrr
January 02, 2018 06:01PM
How cold is it where you are today.

I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt and driving cap in the shop today!

Tell us your story!

Gary
IMG_9658.JPG
January 02, 2018 06:46PM
Overcast and chilly down here but no big deal.

Lon
January 03, 2018 12:13AM
Gary,

I woke up at 8 am today and it was down to 82F and raining.

I can live with it.

Larry
January 03, 2018 12:27AM
Very cold. pipes are frozen at the shop and i have to get water by the bucket method. Hard to do any kind of work in these temps. I need a new heating system but have been supplementing with space heaters. Still managed to overhaul a clock and did some soldering on a couple thin chains.
January 03, 2018 12:34AM
Hi Steve.

Those oil filled electric radiators can do wonders for very little money. We used them a lot in Md. Hope it moderates. It's brutal all over - except for Larry .... "GET HIM!!!!! NUGGIE NUGGIE!!!!!!!!"

Gary
January 03, 2018 12:58AM
Thanks Gary, i forgot about those oil filled heaters, I'll have to get a couple. Big snow storm forecast for much of the east coast. Looks like it's gonna be one heck of a winter.
January 03, 2018 02:36AM
Gary,

It has been around -30 C (-22 F) and warmer. But an artic air mass has hung around for 6 days bringing the windchill to -43 C (-45 F). Got a little better through out the days but mornings are BURR!

Suppose to warm up this weekend.

Pedro
January 03, 2018 02:45AM
OMG!

-45??!!! Is THAT a TEMPERATURE?????

Ohhhhhhh. Whaaaahhhhh!!!!!! Snowman

I just don't see how you do anything but whimper at that temperature. God Warm ya!!!

Stay safe
Gary
January 03, 2018 10:11AM
Hey guys
It's been single digit temps here during the day and minus temps at night . The windchills are painful to ANY exposed skin . So far all of our vehicles have started in these fridge days. We are warm and cozy inside ! Snowman

Thanks
Kurt
January 03, 2018 10:17AM
It's a balmy 30 F here at 5 am. I'll have to look thru my Hawaiian Shirts.

You need more digits Kurt. That's the problem. Open one of those Florida boxes you have. Haha.

Be strong Buddy. Lunch time is coming!

Gary
January 03, 2018 04:48PM
It's not cold down here in Miami but we are on our second day of non stop rain. Glad you don't have to shovel it.

Lon
January 04, 2018 04:13PM
IMG_9730.JPG
January 04, 2018 04:15PM
Kelly made me swear to tell you that she was not "the wife". Hahhhhahhhh grinning smiley
January 04, 2018 11:54PM
Gary,

Thanks I laughed so hard. I like the way her mind works.

That was a great belly laugh.

Be warm.

Larry
January 05, 2018 12:02AM
Hi Larry,

Hah!!! I have too. I've laughed all day. And it hurts to laugh, but it's worth it!! Haha.

Man ... that's perfect!!

Gary
January 05, 2018 07:22AM
Ok. It's 2 am, 26* here. I'm hanging out here with my leg. Figure if I tell it jokes maybe it will stop trying to kill me ....

Don't tell me I had to go 8,800 miles for one laugh at this graphic and story. Are Larry and I the last two on earth to see this one??? Haha.
January 05, 2018 07:45AM
Gary,

Sent it to my Sister and 4 others. They all cracked up. What is funny as an Engineer I saw it as -4 Degrees and had to look
for the man on the stool. Then it suddenly snapped in and I could not stop laughing. I just hope the guy was not driving when
he got the photo.

That has to become a classic.

Hope you leg gets better.

Larry
January 05, 2018 08:55PM
Hi Larry,

Thanks. Doing my best.

Hard to portray. You don't just automatically know when the pain is going to wind up. Readers will certainly recall that I lost my Health Insurance. There are serious consequences to that. Now, we did juuuuust get under the wire to sign up for the Affordable Care Version of Health care. But, surprise; we've had trouble with it. Their system will not ALLOW us to establish an account. THEY are suppose to be fixing and calling back. They don't.

Without that step, we can't PAY our first month. Without THAT, we can't get the little plastic Cards. Without them, you don't get appointments unless you find options. And, deductible s are sky high. So; you can technically HAVE insurance and not be able to use it. Then, it's Christmas. Schedules. Obligations. People expecting. Us trying to do right.

The pain finds THOSE times to leap out like "Farqus" the yellow teeth thug on "A Christmas Story".

Even as it is, I have SIX DAYS before I can get an injection. I've been sitting in a chair in the living room and pretty well whimpering thru the night. Then fall asleep a while. Wake up when the pain wakes me again. Figure some concoction of Chicken Soup, Aspirin, Ben Gay, Pain Pill, Hair Remover, Cough Syrup ... boil ... pour down drain ... go sit down again, stare at unmoving clock, pull up Forum, eat cereal after taking ten minutes to get to the kitchen from the living room chain. Eventually pile on six blankets making sure one foot remains out, passing out from stress.

Gotta go back to work
Gary
January 05, 2018 05:11PM
Hey it was neg 13 deg on my thermometer this morning here in Michigan.The snow has a great styrofoam sound to it when walking or driving. Brrrr

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021