Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Got my .50 cal back..

Got my .50 cal back..
June 06, 2009 08:16AM
..after a make-over...new stock to give me a better length of pull, and a general tune-up. Here it is:

No, I didn't shoot the Komodo Dragonlaughing again it is bronze...

Only had time to sight it in and shoot a quick 7 shot string before the weather intervened. Peak fps shooting 256 grain R.E.A.L.'s (thanks Jerry!) was 683 fps (265 fpe).
Hope to shoot some targets tomorrow.
Cheers

Neil
June 06, 2009 11:01AM
Sweet. I love the ginormous cocking hammer on that rifle. thumbs up

Hope you get out to shoot. It's been so rainy here that we've been working on the ark!

-- Jim
June 06, 2009 02:14PM
Hello Neil,

It looks great - you should have great fun with that. That's a good energy range for blasting stuff. thumbs up

I see you set up your scope for some long range shooting with the rear rail shim. That should work.

Now - you have to get some lead out there. Take some pics for us. You know how it is - we don't have cameras here in the States. grinning smiley

Gary
June 06, 2009 02:28PM
Looking good Neil. I hope those slugs are flying true for you. I'm stuck doing paperwork this weekend so I hope the weather breaks so you can go shooting for all of us!
June 06, 2009 07:21PM
Yes I'm hoping it will be fine..it seems to have stopped raining at least. Targets will be a definite priority if the weather holds.
That's some eye for detail you have Gary (but I guess that should come as no surprisegrinning smiley), I did shim the scope mount as it seemed a better bet than shimming the scope. Hopefully I've got it right for a bit of distance....
Targets and pics will follow, I hope!

PS Tomorrow is my birthday, whereupon I catch up to Gary"s fine old age. Something small but expensive would be all that's needed guysrolling happy smiley
June 06, 2009 07:42PM
I'll chip in for one of Jerry's Gold color Raptor slugs! I'll even go match grade!! Small, but expensive - you got it! Who'll chip in? We only need 49 more for a whole bag ... thumbs up

I'd been thinking maybe a Yukon would be nice ... but those aren't small ... ya know ... whistling

Gary
June 07, 2009 08:24PM
A Yukon! I never thought to ask....I wish I hadn't said smallknucklehead
June 06, 2009 07:23PM
It's good looking... I really like that hammer system and that barrel/resevoir binding, those clamps. And that new stock is better than the first one. Good numbers too.
June 06, 2009 07:41PM
Happy birthday Neil! I'll look around for something small and expensive to send... laughing again
June 13, 2009 01:09AM
Great looking bigbore Neil, congrats!!
June 13, 2009 03:15AM
Hey Neil,

I found something small and expensive to celebrate your birthday with! I'll send it out with your next order or when I get bored with it lying around the house... rolling happy smiley
June 29, 2009 07:23AM
Just send him one slug...postage due. That way it'll be both small AND expensive like requested.

You never did say expensive for who, after all. grinning smiley
June 30, 2009 04:32AM
Brilliant Sensei!
June 30, 2009 11:10PM
Heheh.....opened up Jerry's latest consignment of slugs to find 9 specially created 225 grain hollow-points for the .50 cal, coated in fashionable red!

Almost too nice to shoot. Almostshooter

Thanks for the pressie Jerrytake a bow
July 01, 2009 12:26AM
Interesting . . . pix? Or something "in testing" from the Surefire Skunk Werks? whistling

-- Jim
July 01, 2009 01:09AM
Shhh! Special slugs made from unobtanium.
July 01, 2009 07:29AM
Jim, these slugs are red. I think they are dipped in Jerry's blood, one of his secret methods of passing his DNA around internationallyscared

Hehehe...but yes, there will be pics of these creations, before and after, in the fullness of timespinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 01, 2009 11:47PM
Now THAT's funny right there! rolling happy smiley
July 01, 2009 02:48PM
Ah! I just inquired on the other thread. I see Jerry found something small and expensive after all! Well done!

9 slugs ... the magic test number. We shall await the results! thumbs up

Gary
June 30, 2009 11:47PM
You are most welcome. I hope they fly straight!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021