Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sometimes Neat things Happen to Nice People!

Sometimes Neat things Happen to Nice People!
February 18, 2018 12:18AM
You recall we had a bit of discussion about how I've always worked on several projects at once. It gives me options to do my best work as I'm able.

Well, I'd begun the Blue Pearl knife. Then the Cold Forged Black Pearl. A few Vest Pocket Knives - one in Desert Ironwood. Then the Aurora XL. (Now for sale at an amazing deal for the quality). All Knives people either said they wanted or I speculated on.

Well, it's been time to finish the Blue Pearl Knife. I've been working hard.

IMG_0303.JPG

I swear Kurt didn't know. That was such a nice gesture that he happened to notice the milestone of Serial Number 1400 being achieved. He put up a post congratulating me! And .... I couldn't be more pleased that Kurt will appreciate the fact that the Blue Pearl WAS no. 1400!

Hah. The knife build was pictured and offered for some time. Anyone could have bought it.

Thanks Kurt. SURPRISE!!!

Gary
Re: Sometimes Neat things Happen to Nice People!
February 18, 2018 01:17AM
Wow
That is incredibly lucky of me . We've always (at work ) numbered our jobs and the larger jobs always seem to end up with an even number . I don't know why but I just noticed those kind of things . That picture you just posted has really got some depth to the scales too . I am super excited. The way you polished them up after patterning ( if that's a word ) the abolone to what appears to be a point in the center spiraling into larger circles towards the outside . You get dizzy if you stare at it to long . You can get caught in the swirl !

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021