Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Update. Gary

Update. Gary
March 02, 2018 02:03PM
I've been completing a group of items to initiate a new option for my work. You can't try new things without product.

I hope you are all well. I've heard from a couple of you thru PM. Thank you. It's nice to be thought of.

I want to remind you if that Aurora XL that is on the site for Sale. That's a really nice knife. The blend of colors in the handles is really pleasing. And the price is exceptional. It was already good, and then I threw in the mirror polish if the blade. Keep this one thing in mind please: what is your incentive to occasionally offer an exceptional deal? You do it for a sure sale. For a quick sale. In order to do a nice thing for customers who have kept you going. To reward a particular market. Obviously to make income. The result will greatly influence your desire to do it again soon.

Ok, I wanted to say hello.
I've been working as hard as I'm able. Take note now. If you haven't gotten to 63 yet, I'm pretty sure you expect to feel like and act like you are still 40. I hope you are right. I expected that too.

Best
Gary
March 03, 2018 01:20AM
Howdy Gary
I'm hoping your plan will work or at least help .

I haven't reached 63 yet but I'm sure past 53 . Hehe some days I feel like I'm 103 . Most days ARE a struggle but as you know that's what we do . All them years of abuse to our bodies eventually catch up to us . I just keep chugging along as you do . A little more turtle and a little less rabbit !

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 02:16AM by kurt wag.
March 03, 2018 02:28PM
Thank you Kurt,

Just remember: 103 is the new 87. We aren't gonna get out of this alive. Might as well fight it. Thumb's Up.

I've made some new stuff. The new partners were very interested in my accessory items. The coins, cases, Cuffs, etc. I've made a couple new Dies. I want to get their professional opinion of value before I would offer anything here. My concern is that I wouldn't want to oversell something to my friends, and then find the pros want to make it a dollar less.

I hope readers can see this effort in perspective. There simply has to be a background income for me to be able to complete the stored items under build. I have tried absolutely everything I've thought worthy since I've been here. There simply are not enough of our readers who are willing to purchase knives or smaller items. Therefore the background income is sporadic at best. I no sooner get out gun parts or study a shop drawing, before management notifies me that time has passed again, and I have to look for another rabbit in my hat.

I misjudged "special interest" over "percentages". We've all heard for decades, that if 1% people respond to advertising, that's very good. I have thought that if those readers had a "vested interest" in my efforts, then I could bump that percentage up a few points. But, not so. We just don't have enough readers who will transfer to buyers occasionally. I need vastly more eyes on my product. It's taken me over 4 decades to be able to offer this quality. "Quality" is not the part of our equation that needs change. We need vastly more eyes.

And so; while I know many think I should just skip all the obstacles and head for the finish line, it just doesn't work that way. I am trying, once again; and putting a colossal effort into it, so I can meet obligations. Please give me at least the support of a bit of company.

Kurt, I appreciate your support Bud,
Gary
March 04, 2018 04:17PM
Let me add on here. Whenever I explain the various business efforts I'm making, I feel it's taken as if I'm walking out or telling you I'm done here. I've never suggested that. Only that I'm adding to the business model. We could always step this forum up to the potential that we designed it for and have invested nine years into building. It was never intended just to be Gary's soap box. I've done absolutely every and all things I could think of to make this real. When I've invited a group of you guys to sit on my patio and shoot my guns, we've had a wonderful time. Conversations are interesting, friendly, and plentiful. Then, everybody goes home.

Could be soooooo much more
March 04, 2018 08:06PM
Gary,

Hey, I know the "blessings" of age like you and Kurt and take each day as it comes. I hope your expanded ventures bear fruit. I wish I had extra $$ to buy some of the knives you've shown recently, the iron wood handled folder comes to mind, but 2 kids in college need to take the focus for now. In the meantime, you need to do what you have to so the lights stay on and as a ledger customer myself I can wait patiently until this is all resolved.

Karl
March 04, 2018 09:05PM
Hi Karl,

That is very encouraging to hear. Very kind of you to post a note of support,

God Bless ya,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021