"Now That's a KNIFE !!!"

IMG_1653.JPG

Is it too late to charge by the inch...???? Haha. 11 1/2"

I hope it's not hungry ....

IMG_1655.JPG

Gary
Re: More Balisong..... bowing -- Far East
May 26, 2018 01:01AM
That's coming along swell ! Im certain somebody's really going to love swinging that baby around . Did you change the blade style ? I thought it had a Damascus dagger . Maybe that's just a mock up blade . Hmmmm
The blue lapis really fits nice too . So when you grind stones do you make a piece to size and then slice the amount of pieces required or are the each individual made ?
I'll bet the latter .

Thanks
Kurt
Re: More Balisong..... bowing -- Far East
May 26, 2018 02:18AM
Hi Kurt,

Each made and fitted individually. Must have been nutz huh? 8 of them. A model 97 has 2.

Yes, it's a Damascus blade. From my Maryland Inventory. It's in a dagger shape but single edged. The blade was forged to shape as a conventional single bevel blade. No way to convert that to double edged. You told me it's a practice/Show knife so it won't be sharpened. Most of that type of knife I have seen just have butter knife blades with big holes they them. This is going to be the real deal. If at some point Jake goes Full Ninja, it can be sharpened and strike fear into the hearts of crooks and bad guys everywhere.

For layout, I'd struck a Sharpie line down the center of the blade. That's caused all kinds of grief as it's been recalled as double edged. Never was. Just a symmetrical lay out line struck on this raw blade.

Thanks! Take Care.
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021