Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What it is!

What it is!
May 25, 2018 06:59PM
Well hmmm looks pretty small / micro .
These are both made by the same gunsmith .
It is considered the smallest airgun in the world by most !

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2018 07:01PM by kurt wag.
IMG_1746.JPG
May 25, 2018 08:26PM
I see a drop down trigger on the larger.

It uses that "Air Cartridge?"

Both the brass, the brushed areas, and the walnut look new.

I don't recall making them. I'm gonna say British.
May 26, 2018 12:44AM
Very good Gary ! Correct on all counts . The drop down trigger on the longer pistol has a mini magnet that holds it in place ( patent pending) It chambered in 22 cal with micro groove rifling .Also they use the micro cartridges (100-300 bars ) ! Definitely cute but not a toy .

British also and thanks to the ( Anti -social behavior act of 2003 ) Brocock quit making them !

God bless America! It's a great place to live.

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2018 03:47AM by kurt wag.
May 26, 2018 02:39AM
Hi Kurt,

I'm sure that little one wouldn't have to shoot any projectile. I'll bet just the noise is lethal from that short barrel! Wow!

Gary

You have the rig to fill the cartridges?
May 26, 2018 03:39AM
Hi Gary
The smaller pistol IS. chambered and rifled to .177 cal . I mentioned Brocock earlier . That is only the cartridge brand not the maker of the airguns . They do make a good amount of pop . I've been looking for a slim Jim pump for a while but they're like hens teeth to find .
I do have the little hand pump to charge the carts to a fireable psi . 8-10 strokes is plenty to shoot the pellets. The hand pump devise was also made and furnished by the gunsmith for a complete package .It is about 8" long collapsed. I will add a picture.
Btw the smaller pistol is fired by turning the thumb screw on the back till the ( primer ) on the back of cart is depressed. The ring sight / safety is removed for firing AND there is an o- ring to seal the firing pin on the end .

They are fun little item to pull out and shoot . People are amazed but of course not real accurate due to size .

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2018 03:46AM by kurt wag.
IMG_1754.JPG
May 26, 2018 02:10PM
I see a couple of more "what's its" laying on the Oak. I know what they are.
May 27, 2018 12:50PM
Ahha a couple of home made keys next to my Barnes stabilized oak coasters . Yes your correct those ARE for another " what it is " . THAT one will go Back to the 1800's & you know how sometimes you just walk away from something due to frustration???? Well that's the ticket .

Thanks
Kurt
May 27, 2018 02:13PM
You know Kurt, that's a really really hard thing for me to ever do. I generally worry something to a resolve. Comes down to "It or Me". One way or the other. That's not always a good thing. Ha.

I've often had a shop in the basement. No. Not now. (At least not that anybody knows about .... ahemmm). But I can recall a hundred times when my mother would come to a door when I was fighting some contrary project ... and say, "Gary, you're tired ... why don't you leave it for tonight .... and com....".

"DONT WANT TO LEAVE IT FOR YOMORROW .... if you want to sleep, go to a Motel ..." or something like that. Haha. I was a "dedicated entrepreneur". Haha.

Gary
May 28, 2018 01:27AM
Wayback machine, Standing Stone I:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2018 01:29AM by Bigbore.
IM000537.JPG
May 28, 2018 03:47PM
Howdy Lon
I sure would have loved to been at Standing Stone myself. In your hand is a Harper Classic Micro pistol. Designed by Steve Harper. They are a pretty neat little ( keychain ) pistol . Very simple in design . Did you get to shoot it ? I'm not sure how many were made but do to the simplistic design, I'm sure quite a few exist .
The other Classic pistol in the picture is a .22 cal. They were also made in .25 caliber but I believe very few were imported across the ocean into the USA. Mine is very simple in decoration but I've read others were very decorative with carvings & designs and presentation cases .

Mr. Harper has actually done some very creative work with electronic triggers with big name airgun companies. He did have people ( machine shops ) that did his fabrication. But it sure would be fun to see his R&D garage/ shop .

Thanks
Kurt
May 28, 2018 08:37PM
Kurt,

That is not my pistol, I was shooting with the camera.wink

The guy that owned it let me take a shot with it IIRC, but I don't have a vivid memory of the event, or many events of that era to be perfectly honest.more confused

Lon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021