Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: "Slender James" (previous channel folder) Finished target plane

"Slender James" (previous channel folder) Finished target plane
June 02, 2018 11:39PM
Kelly and I just recalled info. from previous models. I had another series which were Channel Folders. A few of you have mentioned how nice and thin these new ones are. I recalled a model from the past that I made briefly. I believe I'll lift my name from that model, since I think it well fits this series. I'll henceforth refer to these thin gentlemen and lady knives as the "Slender James" model. What do you think?

This one is complete. IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1979.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

Hope you like it as much as my friend who asked me about the knife last night. He liked what he had seen and followed up. That's a real opportunity for you when I show that something is nearly complete. Especially if I give a price.

This one is SOLD SOLD SOLD.

Now, I had to tell you, but please don't let that be a reason for you not to comment. I'd like to know your thoughts

Thanks very much,
Gary
June 03, 2018 12:33AM
Hey the ole" slim Jim " I like the finish product and name . The clip is an extra amount of work and I'm amazed at the color of the titanium. It looks translucent .
Very nice.

Thanks
Kurt
June 03, 2018 02:39PM
Thanks Kurt,

Ti is one of the reactive metals. The oxide produced by Anodizing is translucent. Some light is reflected off of the surface of the oxide. Some light penetrates the translucent oxide and reflects off the base surface of the metal below. The two reflections intersect and produce an "Interference reaction". This produces the unique special effects possible with Titanium Anodizing. The surface preparation prior to Anodizing effects the direction light will bounce.

Gary
June 03, 2018 09:16AM
Very elegant.

What did you decide about embellishing the clips? Is the shape problematic?

Lon
June 03, 2018 02:25PM
Hi Lon

I can embellish the clips in any number of ways. Choosing when to be finished is key.

I'm not sure if I spent another couple of hours on the knife, I'd make it more salable. Maybe. Maybe not. In fact, I could dissuade a particular prospective buyer. I'll cite for example, my drawer full of beautiful belt buckles. I precisely cut a steel Die of BARNES in artful Font. Pressed said Die into two tone Copper/Brass buckles with raised badges cleanly riveted horizontal or diagonal. Others struck into slim single panels.

They are quite nice, the whole drawer full. Oddly, all the plain ones sold. Heyyyyyyy... you don't suspect....nooooooohhh. I hadn't considered that. Oh ... sad face. If only they said Reebok or Adidas ... anything respectable... hah.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021