June 05, 2018 01:29AM
IMG_2044.JPG

Hah!!!!

I got you!

Wink,
Gary
Re: I'm smoking you out Karl!
June 08, 2018 05:26PM
Gary that looks delicious. Was that for breakfast? I'm going to have to show this picture to my wife. She needs to up her game.

Karl
June 09, 2018 07:08PM
Hi Karl,

IMG_2129.JPG

IMG_2128.JPG

No, these are all Dinners. My favorite part of the day. About 8:30pm, I close up the shop; and get to sit down to dinner. The day isn't over, but it is for the next 90 min or so.

Oh ... hey .... about mentioning to your wife ... et al. As your friend ..... I don't have high hopes for that plan. Haha. That's why I'm so covered up with good friends. Whenever we meet a couple .... it takes maybe an hour to a week for it to come out, that .... Gary made Kelly's Jewelry .... I have a small shop where I make things. Yeah ... I did make that too. Yes, and that. And .... pretty soon comes the wife's sharp elbow to the ribs of my "new friend" with the accompanying shrill retort .... "WHY can't YOUDO anything??!!!" Said "new friend" looks over THRU ME, with a vacant stare and mutters ... "thanks Pal!!.

Hah! I recall a good one. A British Middle aged couple. He had actually taken position as new Pastor at a small old Country Chapel near us. We became buddies. Well, I wonder if you'd have any reason whatsoever to recall a quaint practice which passed by, about 25 years ago. Ladies clever with craft and sewing ... would buy a brand new pull over white cotton sweat shirt. Said sweatshirt would then be ornamented in a folkart manner and split up the front. Proper stitching, buttons, ribbon, etc., would turn the item into a light weight holiday sweater. It caught on.

Well, having been invited to dinner one evening ... Kelly had expressed her enjoyment of some of these items she had seen. Shed even purchased a new white sweatshirt. So happens I have my Grandmother's Sewing machine. And, we had a selection of permanent fabric markers. It must have been near the Christmas Holidays. I split the sweatshirt. Folded and stitched the lapels. Then hand drew Holly and Berry Brocade design along each lapel. May have been some other features. I forget.

We arrive at dinner. Top coats are removed. "OH HOW CUTE!!!" Remarks the Wife. "INDEED", agreed the Pastor.

"I've looked all over for ..." (the wife). "Gary.." (Kelly). "Nooo." (Pastor).

"Where did you buy an open front? ..." (Wife). "Gary" (Kelly). "No" (Pastor).

"That Lovely Brocade" (Wife) "....ah...fabric markers ..... Gary...." (Kelly). "Groan... Oh THIS is just a BIT MUCH!!!!! (Pastor).

Don't do it Karl .... haha

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2018 07:27PM by barnespneumatic.
June 09, 2018 11:42PM
Karl
I'm with Gary . DONT knucklehead do it . It will be PBJ for a long time . Hehehe

Thanks
Kurt
June 10, 2018 12:36AM
Not sure he'd even be able to make a PBJ with a cell phone wedged sideways ...,,
June 12, 2018 09:24PM
Yes I rethought my position and decided silence is golden after all. Your a lucky man Gary.

Karl
June 12, 2018 10:49PM
Thank you Karl, I appreciate my blessings.

Once again, you have exhibited Wisdom, as well.

Gary
June 12, 2018 11:41PM
dig itGrasshopper!

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 11:46PM by kurt wag.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021