Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: bullhorn KNIFE FOR SALE Blue Light Special SLENDER JAMES W/Ti and Clip. bullhorn

SOLD SOLD SOLD bullhorn KNIFE FOR SALE Blue Light Special SLENDER JAMES W/Ti and Clip. bullhorn
June 08, 2018 11:40PM
IMG_2123.JPG

The colors flash different hues from every angle. Really an interesting pattern and colors. There is a lot of technique that goes into preparing, polishing, Anodizing, brushing, adding layer on layer as you build the design. You don't just dump it in a vat and get this look. It takes quite a lot of understanding what's going on and how to create desired effects.

Thanks for looking. SOLD SOLD SOLD

Gary

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2018 02:07PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: bullhorn KNIFE SALE TONIGHT Blue Light Special SLENDER JAMES W/Ti and Clip. bullhorn
June 09, 2018 01:10AM
$575us plus $18 to ship and insure.

6" OAL OPEN. Slip Joint mechanism. Clip in back. One side Titanium - one side Clip.

Assembly will be completed tomorrow. I said 8c. I'm getting better.

Drop Marker here.

Very vibrant Ti

Gary
IMG_2119.JPG
IMG_2120.JPG
IMG_2121.JPG
IMG_2122.JPG
Re: bullhorn KNIFE FOR SALE Blue Light Special SLENDER JAMES W/Ti and Clip. bullhorn
June 09, 2018 04:20PM
Another fine blade my friend!

Just amazing how you can make a steel blank into the knives we see with such detail and skills.

Pedro
June 09, 2018 10:46PM
I'm gonna bet there has been more than one of you who saw this knife, and had an opinion.

). It's just perfect in every way.

2). It's too perfect, and therein lies the problem .... please define ...

3). This side ... should be on the other side!

4). It should remain paper thin, but have three sides.

5). Titanium is 2 conjoined four letter words!

6). Popped Corn is better with real butter.

As you note; it's really not terribly difficult to come up with a comment. And Gary works very hard, to have something here for us to enjoy
June 09, 2018 11:46PM
So Gary
We ALL know titanium is one of the tuffest stuff but how does the design get on the scale plates ? Also does it retain the look pretty well ? I'm sure the shine will dull eventually but is the material brittle ? Does it scratch? Hmmmm maybe it bends

Thanks
Kurt
June 10, 2018 12:32AM
Hi Kurt,

The color IS the oxide. It's produced by high voltage DC. It's tough as nails. The thickness of the oxide determines the light interplay. Recall my mention of "interference reflections blending". It only dulls with fingerprints getting oil on it. Clean with winded and its brand new. It's not an applied color, paint, etc. it is the metal oxide itself. Can be scratched - sure. Anything can. Just make a leather slip for it.

Gary
June 11, 2018 03:56AM
Kurt ...

PS ...

That's "Windex" to clean the Titanium and Stainless. Your finger oils don't harm the oxide, they just muddy the reflection quality (like finger prints on a mirror). The classic Titanium look is created by "Reflective Interference". Some light reflects off the surface of the oxide, other light passes thru the clear oxide, and reflects off the base metal. The two reflections are just a little out of sync with each other and cause their own "Interference Color". Neat huh?

The metal is not brittle. It's very tough. This is grade 1. Jewelry grade. It can be bent. Grade 5 and 6 are the killer bee stuff. No bending. No nothing. I have some which I acquired by mistake. Useless to me. But still would not make an edge.

The reflective quality of titanium is established before Anodizing. By sanding, scraping, buffing, sand/glass blasting, etc. There is a lot to it.

Gary
June 10, 2018 12:09AM
Popcorn is best with real butter and salt!
And that is another beautiful knife!
I love the titanium!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021