Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fudd NEW - AIR-CANE SHOOTING PICS!!! ... (added to - Should I or shouldn't I ??

fudd NEW - AIR-CANE SHOOTING PICS!!! ... (added to - Should I or shouldn't I ??
June 16, 2018 03:45PM
Gary
I'm going to be shooting my Barnes Co2 cane tomorrow and I've got a question. With ALL my Co2 guns I use a drop or 2 of a synthetic watch / clock oil . It's a very thin oil and I've never had seal problems. Do you see any issues with me using this in your aircane ? I don't want to disassemble and clean/ oil because it was holding fine when I put it away last . Please advise

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2018 12:38PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Should I or shouldn't I ??
June 16, 2018 05:53PM
Sure. Couple drops in the intake once in awhile. Good job.

A drop around the firing pin.

A drop on the hammer pivot shaft.

Oil “Wet” the hammer strike face.

Drop on sear lever pivot.

I forget right now. But if available, a couple of drops along the connecting rod going to the piston driven by the mainspring. So spring and piston retracts well. Couple/few drops there then BLOWN back into hammer tube would be good.

Glad you have it. I recall it being fun and accurate. I think that’s from about 97/98.

Gary
June 18, 2018 08:46PM
Well a couple of drops of oil go a long way ! We all had a great time throwing globs of lead( .45 cal )out of a 20 year old Barnes creation . It was a great time !

Thanks
Kurt
IMG_1860.PNG
IMG_1861.JPG
IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1865.JPG
IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
June 19, 2018 02:15AM
Hey!!!!

Great Post Kurt!

Looks like fun.

I’m glad you and Jake had a good shoot!

IIRC, that cane shot at 110 foot pounds with round ball. It would paper punch 3/4” Pine Boards.
June 19, 2018 12:58PM
Look at that guys! That’s confidence. Kurt is stacking lead in the same hole on the edge of a board ... and with his wife’s snow shovel setting there in the background!!! Whoooh. Haha. Good shootin’

Gary
Re: fudd NEW - AIR-CANE SHOOTING PICS!!! ... (added to - Should I or shouldn't I ??
June 19, 2018 11:19PM
Ummm well
Somebody was stacking lead but it sure wasn't me ! Haha there was a nice lady ramming lead out there with Jake and me ! We had some old pallet wood to shoot at and some of them got buried pretty deep in them 4x4's . It's was a great family day for the 3 of us . I can't wait to get out and shoot some more when it isn't 96 deg in the wind .

Thanks
Kurt
IMG_1869.JPG
Re: fudd NEW - AIR-CANE SHOOTING PICS!!! ... (added to - Should I or shouldn't I ??
June 20, 2018 12:32AM
Ahhhhh!!!!

I know how that is Kurt.

Kelly will outshoot me unless I really pay attention.

I’m really pleased to be a small part of your family day. I’m quite Honored. Thank You.

Gary
June 20, 2018 03:09AM
I’ll have to post a short video clip Kurt sent me.

Hey ... Kurt owns it and I built it. He and I are working on this thread. Anybody else remotely interested? 71 views. 16-24 been reading all day each time I stopped by.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2018 03:10AM by barnespneumatic.
June 21, 2018 08:56AM
Thanks Gary
I know most people like the video's and I'm not a very savvy internet guy . The loud smack of the lead ball hitting my trap really hits home . The clip actually shows the shot knocking the paper target right off the clip . I've been thinking a small weight clipped to the bottom of the paper target would prevent that . !

Thanks
Kurt
June 26, 2018 01:05AM
That looks like a lot of fun!
I've been travelling too much to shoot lately, but I'm glad someone is doing some damage!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021