Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Jules Vern Earth to Moon

Jules Vern Earth to Moon
June 26, 2018 05:48PM
[www.ebay.com]

Very small piece, it would need to be embedded in clear epoxy or casting resin and then inlay-ed. Any ideas if it is practical/possible at all? Meteorite samples coming soon. Have Earth to moon Classic Illustrated to ship you for ideas. The Around the world in 80 days illustrations are not quite what I was thinking about, very few Balloon/steamboat/technology etc. Not so much into the story line. Better in Earth to Moon
June 26, 2018 10:33PM
I’m working on blades today. Sanding thru 120 grit, 60 micron/320 grit, 30 micron, 15 micron, then leather wheel and buffing compound strop.

Doing same on a Fairbaine Sykes Dagger, a Bali-Song, a Hunter Blade ”Side Knife”, and a Folder Blade. Lots of grit.

Gary
June 26, 2018 10:44PM
I can make anything work. Strikes me that an etched wafer of a meteorite would be real nice. Most are nickle Iron I think, so the Nickle resists well in Acid. Don’t want something embedded in resin to seem lost in shadow. Let me think.

I know a lot of guys have blended meteorite into Damascus. Nothing wrong with what you linked, I just wonder what all is available.

I’d love to work around a Steam Era Air Ship design. I could come up with some neat features. I too thought that an airship played a prominent part in a movie or something I saw about 75 years ago ... ha. Maybe I passed one over the North Pole ... (we were burning timbers from sailing ships that had been locked in the ice .... ) haha.
June 27, 2018 02:38PM
Eh...….that's nuthin': grinning smiley

June 27, 2018 04:52PM
Bigbore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eh...….that's nuthin': grinning smiley
>
>

Did they get that one off the Moon Lon?

That’s the Novelty of the first Link’s Meteorite.

Besides, I don’t think I can work that 1911 into a pocket knife. Yep ... it’s ruined. Ha.

Gary
June 28, 2018 12:48AM
Gary,

"Besides, I don’t think I can work that 1911 into a pocket knife. "

If you can, you can ask $1,000,000 according to the video.nowthatIthink

Lon
July 01, 2018 03:33AM
I’m not very far away from finishing this one. The Engraving is done - just needs contrast. The blade is done - just needs final polish. I believe I have inventory for the interior parts.

Will be a beautiful knife. I’ve done my best.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021