Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Christmas Tree Rash - I got an itch!

Christmas Tree Rash - I got an itch!
July 14, 2018 04:37PM
Yes I have an itch, it’s not just airguns & knives but Pityriasis Rosea (Christmas Tree Rash).

A few weeks back I cut off a few spruce tree branches. Didn't think much of it as I have done it before. Over a few days I noticed two spots with black dots. Thought it was an insect or spider bite. I had to visit a doctor for unrelated concern and he took a look at it. Ordered blood work and provided an itch cream. I cannot be serious as the followup appointment for blood work is in 2 weeks.

Doing some online searching and comparing, best conclusion is a rash.

FAB5BA7E-F6CF-402E-8B05-7D5109C30C2A.jpeg

Currently seems to be stable, but spreading a little to another leg. Very itchy and the red spots are rather sore.

46150352-DEB6-48D8-83B9-AA724586F228.jpeg

What really tipped me off, a neighbor mentioned he always had to wear long sleeves and gloves when handle spruce tree branches or he would break it in a rash. Turns out some are allergic to the trees.

Interestingly, the rash is not a fungus or bacteria but a virus. Apparently most will only get it once in their life time if exposed to it.

So watch those tree scratches and scrapes. Takes 8 to 10 weeks to go away!

Pedro

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2018 04:47PM by pedrog.
Re: Christmas Tree Rash - I got an itch!
July 14, 2018 05:15PM
Wow. Good Grief. Nasty.

What about your respiratory tract. In Md., we had HUGE old shrubs around the front porch. Like 10-12 feet high. A couple of times, I dive head first in there, and cut out every other stalk, so light could get in, they’d green up lower down, and I’d trim truck loads of stuff. I felt some sort of stupid duty to keep the original 1894 shrubs.

Well, the whole time I’d work, they’d rain down like this black pepper. Each time I got sick. Lest you think “DUHhhhh”, well first time could be coincidence. 25-30 year old guy doesn’t know what he doesn’t know. Second time .... I got Pneumonia. So; don’t ignore and respiratory symptoms that coincide Pedro.

Hope you heal quickly.
Gary
Re: Christmas Tree Rash - I got an itch!
July 15, 2018 03:27AM
Gary,

So far no respiratory issues other than a light cough. Has gone away. I don't why men do the things we do and don't seem to always remember either if something was bad the first time.

Itch seems to be getting less. Just need to wait it out now. Thanks for the comment.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021