Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Squirrels like Apple Cores

Squirrels like Apple Cores
September 13, 2018 08:27PM
C11FEF2A-2828-4EC7-A997-F7D6F602B889.jpeg

Right in the center mass of the pic, there is a bright spot ... just down in the shadow. That’s my Apple core. I’d eat it raven closer, but for the daily visit of my critters. Every afternoon, I have an Apple. I like “Pink Lady” the best with “Gala” second.

I open the front double doors of the shop, and toss the core out on this pine needle covered bank. The cores always disappear before the next. I saw one of the critters a couple of weeks ago. Up, up, up ... and out on a limb. Andbthen ... pure enjoyment of his prize. Fun to watch.

Gary
Re: Squirrels like Apple Cores
September 14, 2018 09:36AM
I love nature Gary
After my house flooded there is now a small hole between the cement poured steps going into my front door porch . There was a snake that would live under the cement portion of the porch and he'd sun himself on the step and we'd have to step over him to get into the house .
Fast forward well I sprayed some foam insulation into the holes and cracks due to a chipmunk that took up residence. I even pushed mulch into the holes to cover the yellow color of the foam . Now every day when I come home the hole is back opened up and today there was a big walnut laying on the step too big to go thru the hole . It took a couple of days but the chipmunk ( preparing for winter ) finally got the walnut into his den . I loved watching his progress but I will have to trap him and relocate. I've lived in the house almost 30 yrs and we've never seen any chipmunks before in or around our neighborhood. I love nature but DONT want him to find a warm place in my walls or attic!Jack-O-Lantern

PS: sometimes I feel just like the chipmunk!self-hammer

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2018 10:19AM by kurt wag.
Re: Squirrels like Apple Cores
September 14, 2018 01:41PM
Ha. Somebody needs a bag of “Vinyl Cement Patch” - yellow Bag. Lowe’s. Just add water and mix with an electric drill. You’ll have Snakes and Chipmunks glued together. Ohhhhh what a mess.

I’m Md., in the Spring ... we’d have a “Chipmunk in Love”, living in/under our rock retaining wall for the patio. I’d built it from huge limestone chunks. They could get between stones behind the yew bushes. He’d make this sound like two hollow hardwood sticks being struck together. (A bit smaller and more hollow sound then a Sasquatch knocking). It would go on and on and on (Love is a powerful force ya know). Haha.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021