Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sept 20th - Variety Post. doggie

Sept 20th - Variety Post. doggie
September 21, 2018 12:29AM
Happy Birthday Fritz!

Our beloved little Dachshund is 15 today. What a mild perfect personality. More years little guy.

DC6A01EC-7AB9-44D7-B345-7C789A6DA472.jpeg

The 97 Mini is going well. You know ... think about it ... it’s all the steps of one any size. So I make it to be enjoyed, like all of the 1,423 or something before.

2F77782F-48C4-4CC9-A4F5-22A8676B647C.jpeg

Really a clean piece of work.

Those who care to, I’d appreciate a thought or prayer for my wrist. It’s still quite painful. Been about two months. Adding that pain into the mix didn’t really help, but hey ... what do I know.

I hope you are well and healthy. Hope the things you are dealing with are manageable for you.

God Bless
Gary
Re: Sept 20th - Variety Post. doggie
September 21, 2018 09:47PM
Gary
That is a perfect size carry knife for a man or a purse . Are they still aluminum? The bone scale looks great too . Sometimes people don't think about is smaller IS HARDER! Not cheaper not easier but much harder . Only thing LESS is the material. By my estimate it's about 2" shorter but still same size ?? I used the heck out of my knife today . The robotic torch I run has a silver heavy boot to protect oxy/ fuel /electric lines .It is about 15 foot long . As the year progress I added a leather sleeve to protect the wiring and oxy / gas lines . Well I got a leak somewhere and instead of taking off all the lines and sliding off the sock , I cut / slit them both off . The leather cut like butter and the reflective shiny insulated boot (probably asbestos)was alittle tougher but beat the heck out of scissors . What a joy .

Sorry about your hand/ wrist those things take a long time to heal especially when you work 100 hours a week. Sooo many bones in there too . I will say a prayer for your quick recovery.

Thanks
Kurt
Re: Sept 20th - Variety Post. doggie
September 21, 2018 10:19PM
Thank You Kurt,

Great to hear that knife is doing the job.

You know ... I know readers have a variety of reasons to keep stopping by. I won’t list many. But some enjoy seeing the work. Some like the stories and the work. Some see the work and realize I get that work done in spite of the stories. Some realize that I’m one of those guys that “notices stuff”. Like the kids about to get hurt. The tire that needs air or is wearing irregular. The different sound in something. The silly trends. Buzz phrases “Let’s UNPACK THIS” anyone?

Ok. Long way around to engineering. “But .... it has to be Zirconium... right?” Cause now even Titanium isn’t the newest cool kid. And, you need THIS handle material. You MUST have at LEAST a Terabyte... maybe two. I mean ... seriously.

Now. Yes Kurt. It’s Aluminum. The perfect material for soooo many purposes. Do you know that the Pyramid Cap on the Washington Monument is solid Aluminum. Because it was brand new then and WAYYYY COOL. LIKE WAYyyyy. True. Then they learned how to make it on an industrial scale and it became common - but no less amazing.

And let’s not forget the really rare and unique items “after”, will be the ones I made myself. The Fossilized Mosquito Tusk which .....

Ok. Gotta work.

Thanks for the prayer Kurt. It will help.

Best,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021