Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I hate Ants ...

I hate Ants ...
September 28, 2018 03:40AM
Miserable little ants hereby the Trillion.

94EF118F-F369-4A04-8708-CB4AEE42DF00.jpeg

We had a Day last week, when the thermometer on the front railing said it was 75 degrees about 8 am. I was dumb enough to believe it. I decided to beat back the jungle, or try. The garden tractor (which usually has at least one flat tire and a dead battery went along with the Con. It started. (And the front right tire was only soft ... good enough).

I began to mow. (Only to learn later - Kelly told me she checked her phone when I started to mow ... 82 degrees. The thermometer LIES!!!). That was still a good 10 degrees cooler than the weather that had been keeping me from mowing.

Not too long into the job, the mower deck belt flew off. I stopped and turned it all off - put the belt on. Well, the third time I did it, I leaned my forearm on the ground for about fifteen seconds. OUCH!!!! Fascinating little creatures. Can’t hardly see them and they have mouths like pit bulls.

That’s been at least a week ago. And half a spray can of lidocaine.

Of course it’s the same arm ... hah. Chin up. Smile for the Birdie ...,
September 28, 2018 10:22AM
Ouch
No fire ants here in Michigan.I sure hope that clears up soon .I got bit on the toe one time and that hurt like the dickens !

Thanks
Kurt
September 30, 2018 02:58PM
OUCH! Gary, I can totally understand what you went through.

In 2011 when we visited Bolivia, South America, i got bit many times. Mostly my own fault as I wouldn't notice in the grass that I was standing on a ant colonies holes. Taking pictures around my in-laws yards my focus wasn't on the ground until my feet burned and felt all the tiny bits.

Soaked my feet in water a few times. Those bites are nasty. Thanks fully I didn't experience the 1" ants or another ant type I heard of, bullet ants. Bullet ants are the worst, look it up when you get a chance.

Hope things have improved.

Pedro
September 30, 2018 05:09PM
Hello Pedro,

I heard a weekend radio show regarding a guy and his photographer girlfriend, who make travel logs about staveling thru countries on an old motorcycle. They have done many countries. Sounds exceptionally dangerous to me. I’d expect to end up in a soup pot. (Too many Tarzan movies as a kid).

Well, on one South American Excursion.... the fellow was bitten by what I recall being a “Bullet Ant”. One ant. Shortly, he felt sick. He said he was going to lay down in the tent. Thank God .... Somebody else was around and a hospital was - miraculously - about a half an hour away. Hard to imagine. But they’d checked on him in the tent, and he was barely breathing. Suffice it to say that Hs life had been in grave peril. They juuuuust managed to save him .., after ONE ANT BITE.

Here, we have different kinds ... mainly tiny tiny ants but you definitely feel an OUCH, when they bite once. And, the bite creates an infected bump that turns into a small crater. Lasts for weeks, and itches like crazy. Personally, I could have done without the ants.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021