Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rambling ... Campfire Pipe smoker

Rambling ... Campfire Pipe smoker
December 01, 2018 10:53PM
I have some things I’d like to show ... but it just might screw up a gift if the unexpected Person reads here.

I’ve been working hard. Long hours. It’s been painful. I never get rid of an issue.., I collect the whole set ... haha. Several Chronic ones are really working overtime too.

We’ve had cursed stormy weather with driving rain. Boy ... if that alone doesn’t get ya down ... can you believe they’ve declared my Birthday to be a National Day of Mourning. That’s enough to hurt a guy’s feelings. Yep, Dec. 5th. Heard it this morning...

I’m sure you know of Sr. President Bush’s passing at 94 years. Our sincere Condolences. They say the day of mourning is for this Gentleman. I do note the coincidence though.
I hear he had a sense of humor so ...

Alright ... back to work.

Gary

pS. The stuff turned out GREAT! And it’s on its way to Christmas!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 09:45PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Rambling ... Campfire
December 03, 2018 04:36AM
Worked all weekend toward various presents. Some for clients to give. Some for Kelly and I to give to family. I either category, there’s a. chance someone may stop by here and spoil a surprise. Bummer ‘cause I’d love to show you.

I’m very anxious to get onto Airguns. But the obligation prevent an immediate switch. During the Holiday Season though ... for sure.

You have only two more shopping days til my birthday. I know .... it sneaks up on you ....

Looking forward to Monday. The world resets after the weekend. My regular schedule and radio programs, etc., will resume. I’m a creature which likes predictable opportunities. Not mindless repetition though. There’s a difference.

Ok. Back later.

Anybody enjoying anything?

Gary
December 03, 2018 03:24PM
Working nonstop, 7days a week. Enjoying? Well, I like eating. My employer calls it "reducing redundancy".

It's been a very strange year for me but on balance, here I am.

Christmas music has been playing nonstop in my orbit for a week.excited YouTube has some EXCELLENT music compilation videos.

Lon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2018 03:28PM by Bigbore.
December 03, 2018 08:55PM
Thanks Lon,

I’ve also enjoyed the Christmas music. Well ... the old classic ones. Brenda Lee, Perry Como, Bing Crosby, even Jimmy Durante and Burl Ives ... with Deano. The Mariah Carrey (I’m not gonna try to spellcheck all these names) ... but the Mariah vocal gymnastics and all of her copy cats ... just kinda strike me as “more than necessary”. Love “Santa Baby” .... the best one was by Eartha Kitt. No contest.

I like the silly ones they won’t ply anymore for some reason. “Hippo for Christmas”. “Crabs for Christmas”. I hate the ones that directly and intentionally have the scriptural stories twisted or wrong - “Do you hear what I hear” ... and even the Pentonics doing Hallelujah - love love love their sound but I think the words are flawed.

Oh. Back to work.

Thanks Lonster!

Pop
December 04, 2018 07:44AM
Hey Gary
I hear ya about being hush hush around the Christmas season. You never know who's watching. I like most have been working my life away . I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by . I'm a little late to the bonfire but I'll throw a log on . Hohoho
I did have an enjoyable weekend with my wife of almost 30 years . We drove out to an auction and got to see some OLD fancy airguns being offered. Some were from the early 1700's and were valued at over $20,000!! Well as you know most were waaaaaayyyy to rich for me but I did get to see them and fondle them . What a privilege and my wife even enjoyed them . There was one pistol ( not airgun ) I saw the hammer drop at over $85000 . It kinda funny but when your seeing that kinda money flying around my wife & myself equate it in (years of college)
All in all there were about 50 absolutely beautiful airguns and even though we drive by some nasty tornadoes and crappy weather I'd do it all over again just to see the wonderful craftsmanship.

Thanks
Kurt
December 04, 2018 03:57PM
Kurt,

I wish I could have joined you at that auction. That collection may never be duplicated outside a museum again. Way to capitalize on the opportunity!

Lon
December 04, 2018 07:06PM
Ya Lon
It was only about 5-6 hour ride from home so I HAD to go . There was pretty much 4 people getting it all which was hard to see it broken up from a collection stand point but who's got that kinda $$!

There was( Lot 35 )a Win 1873 documented #1 of 100 went for ..... $805000!
Also a pocket Patterson for $471500 . It's crazy stuff .
If your interested you can look on line at the catalog now for the prices realized. They also had a really nice video of the airguns on line and a nice write up about the owner in the catalog. I won't ever forget them that's for sure!

Thanks
Kurt
December 04, 2018 09:39PM
Kurt,

I know you dropped out at $800k on that Winchester 73, like I told you; but darn I hated to loose that for $5k. And I know you tried to call - but I was running the grinder and didn’t hear. Should have had my head set on. Well - it just wasn’t met to be. But thanks for bidding for me Buddy.

Gary
Re: Rambling ... Campfire Pipe smoker
December 04, 2018 09:51PM
Gary
You said you wanted it ONLY if it had the original box ! Plus there wasn't any fancy carving on it . I dropped the ball knucklehead

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021