Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting find

Interesting find
December 25, 2018 11:51PM
My daughter was wearing this interesting necklace this evening.
Apparently, she had found it in her great-grandmothers jewelry box after she passed. It came in very handy opening Christmas presents this year....

Merry Christmas!!!

Scott
necklace.jpg
necklace knife.jpg
necklace knife 2.jpg
Re: Interesting find
December 26, 2018 09:14AM
Merry Christmas all
Hey Scott
Thats a very interesting find . Just when you thought you knew your grand parents & great grandparents. Wouldn't it be neat to hear the story of all the cutting and uses that secret knife has done ! It looks very simple at first but then to open up unfold AND detach from the covering. That's pretty slick !
Thanks for sharing & Happy Holidays to all .
PS: you don't want to wear that to the airport! Hohoho

Thanks
Kurt
December 26, 2018 04:07PM
Merry Christmas Scott,

That’s a German “Barrel Knife”. Neat idea a fella must have had when he’d made all of those “other kinds” of knives he could stand for awhile. Ha.

Hey .... if you guys were down to found knives ... you must need a knife for YOURSELF!!!! I can help you out there. Hate to see a man go without a pocketknife of his own ..., hah ha

Gary
December 26, 2018 04:18PM
My daughter has one of your knives with stamped brass scales. She "found" it when it fell out of my pocket, and didn't give it back to me. I told her she could keep it as long I get to see it occasionally....

Scott
December 26, 2018 11:20PM
Keep those pocket holes sewed up Doc. But, I’m glad your daughter has a taste for interesting knives. Keep a watch on this Channel to see more. Ha.

Thanks for posting,
Much Appreciated

Gary
December 27, 2018 03:35AM
BTW ... you stick the opened knife back inside the barrel to use it. It latches in and thus holds the blade ridged. Wasn’t sure if that was shown ... probably was .... ah ... yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2018 03:38AM by barnespneumatic.
December 26, 2018 07:25PM
Gary
You just know it all . Guess you've made a lot of knives too . I've got a mini knife collection of maybe 10 or so pieces but never saw or heard of the Barrel knife . That's why I love the Rendezvous.

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021