Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Ever See One of These?

Ever See One of These?
December 26, 2018 11:43PM
3BAC6642-A76F-4827-B3FA-C62ACA2169F8.jpeg

This one is a CASE XX

Folding Machete. In this position, you can use it as a handy knife. And .....

B7433BC1-8CF3-4BFF-8CBC-6BB154EE7814.jpeg

When opened and locked (heavy spring back and liner lock), it’s a Machete!! CHOP!

I once made a long Ornate Damascus Dagger in a Button Lock design of mine. I’ve only ever made two knives as Co-ops with another maker. This was one. This was made to be quite utilitarian. Mine was highly finished and looked balanced in both conditions. Both very neat knives.

Gary
December 27, 2018 10:56AM
Gary
I've seen those before but really at the time never knew what they were . I've walked by them at gun shows and just kinda laughed. I don't see any purpose for the folding part and you won't convince me either . It is different but leave the machete' alone .A folding handle will serve no purpose.

I do like case knifes and have a really sweet blade trader with 4 blades . It's small with a leather case for wearing on your belt . IIRC it was a XXX ~ changer . Mine is an older style and I believe they reissued . The tooling on the leather and design is very nice .

Thanks
Kurt
December 27, 2018 01:29PM
Now Kurt ...!

I can’t beLIEve you said that. Ha ha.

I believe you’d carry it in a belt sheath in theclosed position. As such, you have a 5” knife to use and resheath. (For cleaning your nails or that occasional splinter - smile).

Well ... I can see your mind is made up ...

Ha

Gary
December 27, 2018 11:17AM
Nope, never seen one before.
But, I bet that one would chop down a tree!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021