Re: Pictures, Safety, and a COMMERCIAL?

Pictures, Safety, and a COMMERCIAL?
December 31, 2018 09:23PM
13EE665C-D8A0-4AB4-8361-6D9E3C7C799D.jpeg

I’m making new air guns ...

B1392B32-DDDE-4C0E-9970-B2FECA0DC34F.jpeg

And new Aurgun Casting Molds ...

FD6DE773-82AD-4867-B700-5C0F86FE5C3B.jpeg

There was about fifty slugs with the gun. Just be sure to carefully grade your casting work. These slugs won’t fly. The gun would not have a chance to group these. Just take care for good results. The fact that all 50 of these have been sized, makes me suspect that someone felt they should fly. It’s a waste of time to size poorly cast slugs. They go straight back into the pot while still hot.

726E809C-326C-4206-A830-F4BD98990E4F.jpeg

Always wear your safety glasses. I was cleaning something with the wire wheel. I felt the “THWACK!!” I suspected they’d got me! The mirror confirmed!

“Just a Flesh Wound!”

Thanks for reading!
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 09:26PM by barnespneumatic.
December 31, 2018 09:32PM
Oh ... the Commercial!

My picture edit Ap has changed. UPGRADED. Yay. I liked it much better before. And .... now I have to reject a Commercial with EACH PIC that I size .... or I can pay $3.99 for them to cease and desist!

Is there NO END to them screwing with stuff and charging you for it too?

A second program I use has also changed everything. I believe it’s all in Klingon now. Completely useless to me now unless I devote my
life to deciphering the new gamer format.

Ok. But ..., Rendezvous is still Perfect!!!

Heyyyy!!!! Ha

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2019 03:52AM by barnespneumatic.
December 31, 2018 09:44PM
Hi guys
Gary you got very lucky there . I wear a full face shield now when using a power wire brush . I had a GOOD expensive SS wire brush on angle grinder and also had my eye protection on . I felt something hit me hard in the upper lip . I touched my mustache and it felt hard under my lip . When I went to a mirror to see the damage a twisted wire had gone deep into my upper lip barely sticking out and heading towards my nose . It took a pair of hemostats to pull it out . I was very lucky. Glad your ok

Ok you are soo right about the lead casting. I usually recycle the first 2 pours into the pot just to get the mold up to temperature. Now I've not poured many bullets except in your .50 cal and had a great pour success . Now I've done a lot of different sinkers for fishing maybe 15 styles and with good lead and proper pre heat they worked great . Even split shot worked good and they are not easy . I didn't realize I had to wire brush bullets though . I just used a pair of side cutters and file before sizing.

Ps: was it you who told me about the sooty candle ?

Thanks
Kurt
January 01, 2019 12:20AM
Sooty candle works. Yep. Cast the lead at least 800f. Put a bit of tin in it to fill the molds.

Side cutters and file huh? Yeah ...that will tighten up those groups. Haha.

Gary
January 02, 2019 01:53AM
Gosh, not one joke yet about Gary doing a LOT more grinder work and looking down a couple of inches more.whistling

Lon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2019 01:54AM by Bigbore.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021