Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Checking in - June 25th

Checking in - June 25th
June 25, 2009 02:41PM
I've had people writing asking what I've been up to - where I've been.

Just working along. Taking care of some stuff here at home too. Things I can't take care of when I'm on a cane (at the end of the effectiveness of the epidural injections). So; logical or not ... I've taken advantage of feeling better after the last series of injections, and the alteration in meds.

In the shop ... I've been pushing stuff towards "the mother of all bluing sessions". I can see that I'm going to cut off the plans to get so much into this session. Figuring that out. I've ended up with several reblue maintenance pcs. that go in too. Working on the new, while maintaining the used. Balance.

Working on a nice 45 Tundra Mag. (Rearick) that's coming along nicely. Couple of more big guns. Not too the picture stages. I know that's been a bummer. I'm not into providing all of the "so THAT's HOW he does it!?" intermediate pictures for shops that keep writing to me telling me that they have tooling I can only dream of ... but don't have the knowledge of what/how to make. So ... silly me ... I don't lay it all out in pictures of critical parts. Boring for those checking in to look at endless pictures of progress. Just a fact of sensible business for me.

I was talking to a couple of you lately. It came out that Rendezvous has been really flat lately. And ... surprise ... I mentioned that it would certainly be enjoyable if more folks posted. One of the things I hoped to accomplish with this board, was to have a place where the pressure was turned down a bit (on me), and I could enjoy the activities of buds shooting. I mentioned that the reality is more like this deafening silence that drags on with each day I don't show up with something finished. I'm milling, and filing, and drilling, and sanding, and fitting .... and everybody is drinking their third glass of water, the salad is gone, they've crossed and uncrossed their legs five times ... made a paper football out of the program ... and now sit staring at the speaker's podium. eye rolling smiley

Well ... gotta go back to the milling and drilling. I'll have something to post as soon as I can get something shooting. However; it's always a pressure to temp. assemble something to take to the field to show activity ... or just blue it all first. However; that delays the stretches between showing things.

I'd like to drop back later and read about some fun you were having with your airguns. Thanks for reading. Wish I could produce more faster - you don't KNOW how I wish I could. winking smiley

Gary
June 25, 2009 06:19PM
Hello Gary
You have been kinda quiet lately, but I'm sure your customers will think that's a good thing,as they will now have mental pictures of you beavering away on their guns, forging ahead to completion! But all of us, customers or not, await keenly new pics af new guns, or part guns, or gun parts, or even stories of spooky visits to Denny'sexcited
It would be nice to see a few more people post a little more often though. I guess they run out of recent events to share. I'm getting that way...I've built or bought all my accessories for shooting (well for now anywaywhistling) so in order to have something to share by way of a post or two I need some good weather to do some shootingshooter with bench rifle
Got any to spare?laughing again
Regards
Neil
June 26, 2009 02:02PM
Hello Neil,

Yeah ... we've had some 93F weather lately. Been a bit on the hot side - baking my poor little brain. hehe.

You're not done your shooting equipment yet. You need a shooting shak. We keep hearing about your rotten weather. You need a roof over your head. The bullets won't mind going out into the rain. winking smiley haha.

Thanks,
Gary
June 25, 2009 08:46PM
Well, I finally just got my personal laptop, and been figuring out and playing with it. Yeah, I know...I'm 42 and never had my own computer before he..he. I've been using my Iphone to post. I'm a little computer illiterate, but I'm a fast learner so it won't take long. I've got pretty much everything figured out. It's amazing with what you can do with a computer. Right now I'm waitting to get a carbon fiber tank, I like the pump, but pumping for the bigbores gets old quick , I think my arms got big just by pumping them he.. he.. So, it won't be long before I can do a through out test for the bigbores and posts.

Just a side note, we don't have to post pictures or shooting groups everytime just to post, I agree it's more interesting, but any questions or discussing about airgun is still good for the forum. People lke to read and maybe even learns something new.
June 25, 2009 10:13PM
hey all

checking in from Jackson Hole WY!

It's my parent's 50th anniversary, and we are having a family/clan get together out here - beautiful place for sure.

went whitewater rafting on the Snake yesterday - SERIOUS whitewater....but we all survived!!!

I am extremely sore however more innocent

must be getting old - my kids are not fazed in the least by the altitude, activity, lack of sleep or whatever!
June 26, 2009 02:06PM
You ... sore? .... I don't believe it. You of the hummingbird energy. haha.

Jackson Hole ... ah yes ... please bring me several dozen of those elk racks they have built over the road there. I remember seeing them when I was 16. Of course, they are probably a bit "weathered" by now. hummm. whistling

Well, glad to see you are still able to get out and about. smile.

Gary
June 26, 2009 03:58PM
Jackson Hole?

Thats only 4 hours away from Bozeman. The wife is artist in residence in the Grand Tetons at Colter Bay once or twice a year....

Cant shoot in the park though, they frown on that.....

Jackson's fun though. El Abolitas for great Mexican food, and Mountain High has great pizza.

But the BEST restraraunt in Jackson has to be the Gun Barrel. Elk, deer and fried green tomatoes...... ummmm.....
June 26, 2009 04:19PM
Which section did you raft on the Snake? Dory
June 25, 2009 11:06PM
im glad that the secret pics are just that , dont tell them . and def never show them the pics. although i do like the pics of you building things , lots of swarf and cutting fluid everywhere . its great , but , if it was easy everyone would do it.
regards
t
June 26, 2009 04:04PM
DD talked about swarf and cutting fluid everywhere.... the "glamorous side" of airgunning.

the customers dont see the stuff on the floor, the dirty oilly clothes, the band-aids by the ton, industrial strenght hand soap....... I dont think most folk understand the amount of stuff that has to happen that isnt directly connected to gunmaking, but yet has to happen for the gunmaker to operate....
June 28, 2009 08:10AM
Do they still have a bar called "the Mangy Moose" in Jackson Hole? I was there the day the drinking age went from 18 to 21 in WY...talk about a bunch of sad-looking teenagers. sad smiley
June 28, 2009 01:04PM
yup, the mangy moose is still there !

So are the antlers, Gary!

we went rafting down past Hoback, I seem to recall that one set of rapids was "champagne" and one was "lunch counter"

Got back last night after the (inevitable) delay at O'Hare !!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021