Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HIGHER TECH INSTALLED!! assimilate.

HIGHER TECH INSTALLED!! assimilate.
February 15, 2019 06:54PM
No ... not in me. In the Outryder...

Quickly .... when you compress a coil spring, it wants to twist in the direction it was wrapped. On a strong spring like Outryder (if built with max spring), you can feel the torsion. It can add to the resistance during Cocking. There is a solution. There’s yet another and another and another and another additional step to add to everything. At a certain point you’ve sucked every dime of profit out of a price point. But, since I want to show you what the design is capable of, I decided to add these parts. The Technology is a ball bearing Turn Table to allow the spring to rotate as it compresses.

7125582C-BB8A-4062-AC03-7C59F730C222.jpeg

If you look at the right end of the Cocking slot, you can just see three of the ball in their bearing race in the back of the hammer. The other race is internal to the spring. It makes everything feel like glass as the powerful spring is cocked.

This gun also has a great design set of sear lever and trigger sear springs. Latch up and two stage release is very positive.

Let’s shoot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2019 04:18PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Is he EVER gonna shoot it? HIGHER TECH INSTALLED!! assimilate.
February 17, 2019 02:14PM
That is such a great idea of incorporating a ball bearing to deal with the torque. I may have to steal this idea for the 308 I still need to finish. It has a long spring and might help.

You keep slowly sharing ideas like this on how you build your rifles of the next 20 years, I will soon know all your tricks smiling smiley

Pedro
Re: Is he EVER gonna shoot it? HIGHER TECH INSTALLED!! assimilate.
February 17, 2019 03:00PM
And there ya go Readers! If it’s not a Chinese Engineer in a factory in Beijing, looking for the next level to incorporate into production.... then it’s a talented young builder in Canada - alert to every slip the old man shows. Pretty soon, you can buy a Chinese copy of a Barnes from any ACE HARDWARE, or secure a fine Custom from a younger builder in Canada. The wolves are always circling the shop. While I munch on a Florida Shop Sammich and peer at the wall of security monitors.
Re: HIGHER TECH INSTALLED!! assimilate.
February 18, 2019 01:33AM
Gary,

Thrust bearings have been added to springers for years, cool that you incorporated it but common.

Lon
February 18, 2019 02:56AM
Bigbore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gary,
>
> Thrust bearings have been added to springers for
> years, cool that you incorporated it but common.
>
> Lon

Thanks Lon!

I almost pulled it off. Well ... actually ... I didn’t say I invented the practice.

Now, I did invent the hole all the way thru the barrel! For centuries, shooters were frustrated when their slugs went CLANG!!! halfway thru the bore. I said ... “Hey! Why don’t we drill clear out to daylight?!?! And THAT’S how ....

Gary
February 18, 2019 09:16AM
Gary
That's a great idea for sure . I've seen on other airguns you've made where bearings were used for easier cocking . I believe on the "High planes carbine " they have golden retainers and were used in a few areas that a normal person wouldn't think of but they sure make it a dream to load . Even simple detent balls really make for a smooth transition. No need for globs of grease.
The extra effort is greatly appreciated .

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021