Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: My Granddaughter is a Sensei

My Granddaughter is a Sensei
March 30, 2019 08:37PM
She’s taken her testing all week, and accomplished earning her Black Belt in Martial Arts.

Proud old Pop
March 30, 2019 11:36PM
Style?

Lon
March 31, 2019 04:23AM
Karate, Taekwondo, Jujitsu

She is an instructor at a Martial Arts Dojo
March 31, 2019 06:10PM
Congrats to you AND her
That's not an easy accomplishment but a long commitment. My son went thru a couple of years of BJJ through the Gracie training academy . I sure wouldn't want to tangle with your granddaughter or my son ! Haha I'm a good spectator.

PS , Cry in the Dojo .....

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2019 06:30PM by kurt wag.
March 31, 2019 07:32PM
Hi Kurt,

Yeah. I’ve seen video of her testing. Just her Scream while kicking scares the heck out of me. I think she kicks about a foot over her head. Looks fierce.

Her husband is a deployed Marine and she’s raising her one year old daughter. She is doing very well. I’m Proud of her.

I’ve heard the saying about crying in the Dojo. I had it backwards though.

Thanks for commenting Kurt. Nice to have some Sunday Shop Company.

Gary
April 03, 2019 02:06PM
Great accomplishment. I dabbled a little in my younger days. Beat the hell out of me physically.
Takes a special breed.
Whatcha been working on?
April 03, 2019 09:52PM
Hi Steve,

She is tough. It didn’t come natural to her, but she has really found her way.

I’ve been spreading myself over multiple areas. I completed a couple loose ends projects and got them shipped. I’ve had to alter long term plans I’ve worked hard on, because they depended strongly upon reaction and feedback.

The bulk of my hours recently, have gone into tooling, dies, and production for the Beach Jewelry segment of the business. My major push, for actually several years now; has been to “build a stool” to stand on, to reach the previous levels of my business. The simplest rugged stools have three legs. They’ll always find a stable/semi-level stance for you to climb up onto. I’ve tried to solidify an underlying, modest sales stream, for each of 3 legs of affordable items. (I have pushed my custom knives - dozens of types, tactical jewelry - dozens of types, and beach jewelry). With a successful mix of those; I could meet my modest needs, bring out the ledger items in storage, and complete stored shop guns in progress. That’s been the 7 day push, without fail. I’d still prefer that.

Right now, based upon the factors everybody sees play out on the forum here ... and based upon the Season, our Location, and my decades of tooling dies on hand ... it suggests working on the third stool leg - of the Beach Jewelry. We live 30 miles from Resort Gulf areas.

Thanks for asking Steve. I’m in the shop every day. I have to make choices every day. What’s going to pay the bills? I just tested the waters when I designed ammo, made molds/dies/tooling, completed the Outryder, field tested it and the 50 Smoothie, made refinement based upon testing, and began the next completion of a PCP. Based upon feedback, I moved to a flurry of Knife work. Each segment provides the opportunity for me to stick there. Develop it more. Get more excited about the phase. Any tiny business is totally feedback driven.

I’ll show you some stuff as I can. I’m making a crate too. Need to pick up some materials that are out of stock.

Best
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021