Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Five men, my tractor, lights back on in shop

Five men, my tractor, lights back on in shop
June 25, 2019 02:28PM
YesYesterday late morning the shop went dark.

We reported it. Our smart meter had already reported it and a crew was in its way. But our property was two addresses previously and that caused an hour of them sorting out where we were, being told by GPS turn off the road and go thru the woods to get to the unit. Was a while until they figured our house and shop went together.

They diagnosed a lightening strike that took out the huge box transformer in the woods here. Underground lines to and from that. I asked and had confirmed ... maybe 8 months ago, we had a heck of a storm. Things were suspicious in the lower shop after that. I lost 3 box ventilation fans almost together. Welder issues. Seemed weak. Was strange. I suspected a lightening strike cause we have lost a lot of stuff to them. Yes, it could have been damaged then and limped along til now.

Well, they verified our big 650 pound transformer was dead. And got one on the way. But, a tractor and bucket forks was several hours away. Unless ..... well ... yes I do.

So I spent the afternoon with the Power Company. Cut a tree and a stump out of the way. This and that.

They got it all back together about 6:30. Great guys like everyone we have dealt with down here. It morphed into a knife and Airgun show and tell. They all knew about custom knives and were into Airguns too.

This morning, the lights are on

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2019 02:33PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Five men, my tractor, lights back on in shop
June 26, 2019 12:49AM
No doubt you received a credit for 3 months electricity for you time and equipment...……….cuz it is just the way they are.dig it

Lon
Re: Five men, my tractor, lights back on in shop
July 02, 2019 02:45PM
It is great that you could speed things along with your assistance. Hopefully you receive some reimbursement for your time and equipment as you saved them a lot.

Maybe the show and tell helps you gain a few more customers!

Hope the power issues are minimal here on in.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021