Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Found a new home

Found a new home
August 27, 2019 12:40AM
No date or SN inside, an auto side opening, very smooth. Any ideas?

Gary L
IMG_3798.JPG
IMG_3797.JPG
IMG_3799.JPG
Re: Found a new home
August 27, 2019 12:56PM
Ok Gary L, now you’ve done it! WINK cooler

I got a chill seeing that. It’s FREAKY.

THAT IS MY NEXT PROJECT!!!

It’s been on my mind. A lot. That’s a Model 97 Coil Spring Auto ... from 1997. A few Stars aligned there. I was just learning to Splash Anodize Aluminum. And I had just worked out my design for a Coil Spring version of the Model 97 I’d just invented for myself. (I word it that way because who knows what “in the world” has gone before? But I might just “invent” the FLUX CAPACITOR not knowing Doc Emmett Brown already did. Or ... will ... in the past. Ha ha.

I can’t believe you came by one of those. (There are three like that ... I have a printed photograph of them somewhere. (Pre digital). I even made a special winged cutter for a small Sanford Bench Top Surface Grinder ... to cut those handle grooves.

AND ... I started to tell Kelly ... In that Coil bound tablet, I have hundreds of knife designs, locking mechanisms, and all the notes in how to make them. And I ran across the book recently! And Kelly said ... “I thought they were Gary’s pictures ...”. Huh??? Yeah!!!! Good grief!!! They Are!!! He even has the identical tablet I’ll be living with for a while.

Gonna post so I don’t loose ..
August 27, 2019 02:08PM
I made a special cutter and jig to cut the button notch. Still have.

I see the heat blued machine screws look great 22 years later.

OH - DID YOU NOTICE THE LOGO???

The Blade of the Dagger in the Logo is a LIGHTENING BOLT. It designated the knife as an Auto. I started that ... then forgot to continue it as I designed more and more auto mechanisms. Couldn’t stop. It’s been the bane of my career. I never make hundreds of one thing until everybody has one. I’ll make something great like this. Then immediately see something else floating out there to focus into yet another design.

I’d be interested in the details of your acquisition - privately. I like to know where they’ve been and what the market has been.

Thanks very much for posting Gary.
The “other Gary”
August 28, 2019 12:57PM
Howdy Gary
What a great find . I’ve never seen any of Gary’s auto knives but that one appears to be aluminum too . It’s really crazy how light weight they are with any compromises.
Good find !

Thanks
Kurt
August 28, 2019 11:32PM
Found Analog Pics Gary!

I knew I had them somewhere. Found a misplaced album. Also the earliest Airguns in there.

Enjoy. They look great, huh?

Anybody else like them?

Gary
05A7E81B-DF8E-49AE-B01C-7438435C37BA.jpeg
0A1C314C-DBB3-4685-952B-C94F2C00F048.jpeg
September 02, 2019 05:16PM
Curious. Slick metal handled Tech Looking Autos 20ish year’s before the current crop of .... Slick Tech Looking Metal Handled Autos.

I’ll try again. Anybody else like them? Or just Gary, the “other Gary (that’s me), and Kurt.
August 29, 2019 01:50PM
Hmmmm
Old Misplaced photo album was that the one with the little black paper glue on corner pieces to hold in the pictures ?..... airguns you say .... earliest you say ....

Thanks
Kurt
August 29, 2019 09:08PM
The pictures were Tin type. Haha. Some painted on cave walls here at PBS. Some carved in stone. Very old stuff.

Yes. Pics of The First and there about. And that Crank High Plains Carbine you found. Whooooohhh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021