Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: ELEGANCE wow

ELEGANCE wow
September 20, 2019 07:51PM
C31BBE33-FF31-4B0C-A4B7-7C9B47E8BA54.jpeg

Anodizing Complete and Sealed. The Glass beaded, Anodized, Dyed (a Rich Deep Brown), and Sealed Frame ... with Mammoth Inserts ... SIMPLY ELEGANCE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2019 07:53PM by barnespneumatic.
September 20, 2019 11:51PM
Must admit I didn't expect that. Dang that looks sharp!
September 21, 2019 01:02AM
Thanks Bob

Tomorrow

Meanwhile, if you’ll check around your feet - I’m missing a hand wrapped coil spring. It left here heading North East. I’ll wrap another tomorrow.

Best
Gary
September 21, 2019 04:16PM
Gary
Looks pretty sweet . I know you’ve done some anodizing before . Looks like you still got it ! A LOOOONG time ago I made stereo and VCR face plates from aluminum. Thousands of them actually. We would leave them attached to the parent steel but put all the holes, and tap and cutouts in them . Then we’d run them thru a 3’-0” sanding machine to put grain in them . They were attached like model parts to the sheet and then go to anodize them .

The grain was also very prevalent after they were anodized. It’s kinda like everything they hafta be perfect deburred finish sanded and super clean to go for any coating .
The pics look black on my phone but you say dark brown. I sure can’t wait till you find that spring and put her together.
I’m thinking this one deserves a name . I’ll come up with something good if you don’t .
Hmmmm (wavy gravy ) fer the Damascus blade ? Gimme a little time

Thanks
Kurt
September 21, 2019 05:22PM
Hi Kurt,

Weather was 70 degrees this am! We have tried to do a few things on the “Outside LIST”, when it’s like that. Big relief but it warms quickly.

Some lunch/think time now. Then onto the knife green dot list!

I’m liking this too. I was sure I had ... wait!!! ............ be back ...
September 21, 2019 07:16PM
Nope.

I thought of another record to search. I thought I had extensive notes on anodizing. And I can’t find them. I always refresh my memory of processes I haven’t worked with is a while. Anodizing is picky. I wanted to review my notes. And can’t find them. I have thousands of others. Just not those .... at this time.

Sounds like you made a lot of FM Car Radio People very happy. Yes, preparation is everything. Then not fouling the thing while working thru the process. Finger Oil. A drop of Air Compressor Oil spit onto the surface. A residue of Hydrochloric Acid going into the dye bath. Bummers!!!!

Will assemble shortly. Oh ... made new spring and guide tracker.

D8AF9E20-5F25-4641-858B-0EBFF72D0DA3.jpeg

What’s the cannon ball for? Just comparison. That’s a .... BB

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021