Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Wishing all Safety. take a bow

Wishing all Safety. take a bow
March 18, 2020 02:40PM
I realize that all of us are being affected by the virus. I pray for safety for you and your family.

Please keep in mind the well being of those in high risk groups. Don’t be part of risking the health of the older folks or those with weakened health.

God Bless
Gary and Kelly
March 18, 2020 08:31PM
Thanks Gary & Kelly

You also take care and be safe along with everyone. I have 2 immediate family member in health care industry . It’s the unknown factor for sure

There’s always good reading and chat here too .

Thanks
Kurt
April 10, 2020 04:34PM
Hi Gary & All,

Been following the pandemic almost since day one. Things progressed from little concern to a major concern. It bothers my wife and I when we see people not taking it seriously. They are the ones who are putting the elderly and those with underlying issues as huge risk.

Then there are others that say its all fake, a conspiracy. As of today, 1.64 million infected, 100K dead, its not fake but very serious. Pretty hard for so many countries to hide the truth of the situation.

I work mostly from home these days until I reach a point where I have to physically be at the factory. With the aide of the Zoom meeting app, all our meetings have been online, rather than physically meeting.Our small church has also been using Zoom for services and works fairly well, pending on the speakers internet connection.

Our province has done well to keep the numbers down, but we are a small population compared to most. Much like North Dakota.

Hope things improve for you and everyone reading here is staying safe.

Pedro
April 15, 2020 08:07PM
I too have an immediate family member in the healthcare business, which means that my family is going to be continually exposed until a vaccination or cure has been developed. This particular virus seems to have hit the “sweet spot“ as regards infecting our society; its combination of being both incredibly contagious and also having an extremely long asymptomatic phase where people are still contagious has been incredibly effective at spreading it rapidly around the globe. Add to that the fact that it is not “lethal enough“ for enough for everybody to be sufficiently afraid of becoming infected themselves, and it becomes almost inevitable that the poor judgment and bad choices made by a minority of our population will have permanent consequences for scores of other people that they will never even meet or know about.

For me, the most disappointing aspect of this entire sad debacle is how politicized the response to this has become. The fire-hose of lies coming from the mouth of our president has been the worst possible response, and the fact that people are using the pandemic as an opportunity to further the partisan divisions within our society is inexcusable. I hope that the notoriously short memory of the voting public is long enough to ensure that the bad actors in our current situation pay an appropriate price for their deliberate ignorance and the utter selfishness they have displayed so publicly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021