Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update - Gary and the Shop. dig it “THE VIRUS JOURNALS” typing

Update - Gary and the Shop. dig it “THE VIRUS JOURNALS” typing
March 20, 2020 02:45PM
Thanks for reading.

My production recently hasn’t gotten posted. I’ve been working hard. Some of the items have been for private contacts. Items I’ve shown here before. I believe you all mostly want to see new things. I have dug a particular hole for myself. My mind has given me soooo many ideas, that I’ve seldom made pieces twice. And so people expect a fresh unveiling on a regular basis. It’s my fault for showing somuch. While others have made careers essentially building copies of the same design for decades, I suffer from the “we’ve seen that” syndrome.

Brief update. Hold your nose and get thru it quickly. My health remains a challenge. Right now several of my Drs. seem to have no conclusion yet, as to what I’m suffering from. My lower back is extremely painful most of the day. My right hip around to the leg crease is severely painful. I actually feel like my right leg has become too short. I lean severely to the right. It’s not something you’d have to question. I look like the leaning tower. And, no - no conclusion. One series of Xrays so far. No conclusion. And, when fatigued especially, there is an audible (to me), “Clicking, Clacking”, on the belt line, center of my back. Like two pool balls clacking together. Painful, annoying, nerve grating, painful (did I mention that). One Doc has suggested damage to my SI Joint. But no proof. Another source refers to a torn Labrum in the hip joint. (“Solutions elude. Only pain is forever” - GLBarnes 3-20-20.)

Was talking to a customer/friend a while ago. He mentioned how “unseen pains” are hard to get people to understand. I’m totally unseen to my readers. And so a realistic final opinion of “Gary today”, is difficult to amass. If I could manage to “drop dead” in front of each person, individually; it would be far better. Until such time, then I’m just far less respected than before. The “old Gary” would have shown more work. The “old Gary” would have arranged more expeditions afield. The current Gary seems to just be lounging around. He really should shape up. And that’s the feedback I sense. Right ... poor me. Moving on ....

I’m working on several nice projects. To answer the “Elephant question”, it’s because pain has robbed me of much of my concentration. It’s a crying shame because I used to have a nearly infinite attention span. Now I spend time looking for the thing I’ve just worked on for the past few hours. Pain sucks.

But I eventually find it and move on. I have a couple nice knives I’ll show soon. Why not Airguns?!?!?! Several current reasons. You recall our discussions ad nauseam. When I can get above the survival threshold in sales, then I’ll have time for guns. I can’t work a month on something without income. And, look around ... I’m hardly the only one. The Pandemic had closed businesses across the country for about a day before the need arose for supplemental income. Evidently everybody didn’t have a drawer of socks stuffed with hundred dollar bills. Me either. And so the best chance I have of meeting minimal expenses is the time to payment ratio of knives. 5-7 days vs. a month. And, when playing catch up for time lost to health sandbagging, it’s worse.

So; owing to the response to forum sales, I’ve had to go to the gutter. Whereas the forum hasn’t wished for its “exclusive” on my work (at previous levels), I’ve had to take on work from the “rest of the world”. I know. What if someone sees me??? But we must survive.

And now, for now; I must go. I’ll be back with more in the “Virus Journals”. This was Edition 1.

Gary

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2020 03:03PM by barnespneumatic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021