Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 25 Rifling Print on Beeman Kodiak. bad dude

25 Rifling Print on Beeman Kodiak. bad dude
April 17, 2020 03:06PM
Here’s a Beeman Kodiak pushed thru one of the barrels I’m using.

33E52CD2-E9FE-4CE0-9E21-7DBBFA9B896B.jpeg

Looks like a nice print. Should fly.

I’ll try different commercial pellets and also Barnes Custom slugs when I get it shooting. shooter

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2020 03:08PM by barnespneumatic.
April 18, 2020 01:21AM
Hi Gary,

That is a nice imprint on the pellet. Looks very even all around the head and skirt of the pellet. Be interesting to see the differences in velocity with the Kodiak and your own pellet designs.

Hope you are doing well and can progress well.

Pedro
April 18, 2020 04:50PM
Hello Pedro,

Thank you very much for commenting.

I have quite a few 25 slug designs. When Surefire Casting was in business, they made about seven million 25 slugs with molds they purchased from me. The Air Force brand gun’s loved my slugs. The Boys even used my technique for coloring slugs and coating them. I’m certain they are missed. But the Guys grew up and joined Our Military, and got married.

I’ll test what varieties I can locate. I also have made various 25 barrel designs thru the years. Different groove patterns. Different twist rates. I have a selection of barrels from various times. They don’t have a Freshness Date so we are good. Haha.

My days are good or bad. Flip of a coin. I use whatever I am given. Thanks for asking.

Gary
April 19, 2020 12:41PM
Looking good Gary
Those grooves and lands should make for a great spin !take a bow

Thanks
Kurt
April 20, 2020 01:20PM
O man how I miss those slugs..., hoping for new mold Gary hourglass.
April 21, 2020 06:55AM
7 million slugs?!? Thats a huge number for a non-factory operation. The guys at Surefire Casting did some really nice work

The rifling marks remind me of the “micro-groove” rifling on old Marlin .22s, i’ve got an old Model 989, it’s an accurate rifle and that rifling sure does make it easy to clean.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021