Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wife's Cancer - Bad News

Wife's Cancer - Bad News
June 03, 2020 02:03AM
Hello All,

So last few weeks my wife has been feeling off. Shooting pains into her head that only last a few seconds. Her balance feeling off among other things. We scheduled a doctor visit (over phone consultation due to covid) but things were increasingly more painful. My wife had gone through ovarian cancer last year, 18 weeks of chemo once a 1 week and we thought all was good.

Last week, May 28th, I took her to ER as her pain in the morning had increased. After waiting, and waiting, seeing a doctor who said all looked normal, he ordered a CT Scan due to my wife’s history with cancer.

My wife said when he came back he didn’t have to say much as she could see it in his eyes. His demeanor had change and she told him, you can come in and tell me, I went through this all last year.

Well her cancer is back and has metastasized. Along with forming two tumors in her brain. Doctors figure she has maybe 6 months to a year. Maybe less, maybe more, they do not know.

So with that starts all sorts of appointments again and waiting for them. Needless to say I will once again be delaying anything related to air rifles. I am only alloted so much time to be off as a caregiver and eventually compassionate care so we choose for me to work as much as I could now as I will need the time off later.

Appreciate your thoughts and prayers, we know weren't the only ones with hardships.

God bless,

Pedro
Re: Wife's Cancer - Bad News
June 03, 2020 12:24PM
Pedro
I’m so sorry to hear !
I will pray for both of you

Thanks
Kurt
June 03, 2020 12:34PM
Pedro,
You have our friendship, our thoughts, our prayers. I hope Maria is enjoying her little dog. These little creatures do us so much good. I’ll pray for your strength and for your ability to segment the areas of your life so that you can work.

Several of your friends here are going through severe experiences. Not me. I do not refer to me. I mention it because several may be slow to offer the friendship they will wish to offer. They will be here.

I hope God turns his attention to Maria’s needs, very soon.

Gary
June 03, 2020 10:51PM
Pedro,

My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Lon
June 08, 2020 11:23PM
Pedro, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Rick.
June 12, 2020 10:33PM
Pedro,
I'm so sorry to hear about this.
We are praying for both of you.

Scott
June 24, 2020 02:03PM
Thank you all for the prayers and support. We are very aware we are not the only ones who are going through hard times.

Wife started radiation treatments last week Monday, a total of 10. 3 More to go as of today. Radiation is administered to the entire head as the cancer has formed numerous (4) tumors. One as large as 35mm in the cerebral area. Doctors may do surgery pending on how the cancer responds to the radiation.

We take one day at a time, all we can do, the rest is in God's hands...

Thank you,

Pedro
June 25, 2020 07:30PM
Oh Pedro, I'm so sorry to read this.
I pray for God to give you and your wife the physical and mental strength you will need as you navigate this time, and ask that He give the doctors wisdom and direction as they care for your wife. Most of all I pray for a miracle. God bless you both.

Scott
July 02, 2020 05:33AM
I am so sorry to hear about this, my sincere condolences. I hope that your faith will give you both the strength you need for the days ahead.
July 02, 2020 03:27PM
Pedro,

I am so sorry to hear the news about your wife. I pray that your faith provides you and your wife some comfort in these times.

God Bless,

Karl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021