Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Suggestion: Printer For Dummies. (By a Smart Owner wink

Suggestion: Printer For Dummies. (By a Smart Owner wink
July 17, 2020 06:02PM
Who has a current model Printer that is Intuitive to use. With reasonable ink.

My needs are simple .... copies. Single Side. Scroll size up or down. BW and Color.

We took the advice of a Sales lady last time. It’s hideous. You have to go thru 9 screens to do anything. “.... now, do you want to print on recycled paper? What kind of recycled paper? If there’s some new fiber in with the recycled fiber, would that be ok? How about ..... oh ... ok .... I can see you are getting frustrated .... that’s what the camera above the screen is for! Ok. Let’s move on... Have you thought about new Business Cards???

And .... despite wrestling with it, you still can’t get a print. Paper drawer isn’t in proper position. In a little. A little more. Just a Smidge ..... That’s great! Do the veins on your forehead usually .... OH!!!! Let’s just print one now ....

Sorry, did you want your one copy stapled and Faxed???

Anybody have help? Simple, ONE BIG BUTTON ???

Gary
July 17, 2020 08:57PM
Its all touch screen now Gary. Usually its a 3 push process, at least with an HP office printer/copier/scanner.

Let me know what model you have and what you want to do and try to help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2020 09:00PM by RugerAirMagnum.
July 18, 2020 12:50PM
Thanks Ruger,

I’ll get the Model.

On all our previous printers, we could establish our details and then lock them as our preferences. But we haven’t found a way to do that. The manual hasn’t been any help. We have to go through all the mess every time. And we’ve never found a screen to deal with the scale of the copy.

Right now, the machine refuses to go back to the original screen, from which to make a simple copy. It’s like it got lost down a rabbit hole and we can’t get it back. Rebooting won’t work. The hammer has crossed my mind. Ha

Thanks Rugar
Gary
July 18, 2020 01:38PM
Canon TR2522
July 18, 2020 04:56PM
Maybe this will bring the thing back on the right path:

[www.printerstechnicalsupport.com]

[www.youtube.com]
July 20, 2020 12:22PM
Thank You Rugar

I really appreciate the research. I’ll check it out!

Gary
July 20, 2020 11:41PM
Gary,

I'm an HP fan but I control all of my devices with the PC software. I'm going to get a laser if I buy a new printer, I never print anymore and when I do my inkjet cartridge is guaranteed to be dry.

I'm currently suffering with a Lexmark which has a lot of great scanning functions which are 95% of what I do now in the digital age, but dry ink cartridges. No doubt my mortgage contract and application are on a server somewhere in China; printers always "wakes" at 03:00a and downloads everything in memory directly to Xi Jinping. Lexmark and Lenovo are Chinese companies.

Lon
July 20, 2020 11:58PM
Hi Lon,

In 96/97, I had to scan all my film photos, then load and use them for my sites. Prior to my having a digital camera. My personal gripe (if you’d like to hear one) is the endless upgrades which reportedly do things I don’t need/want to do, all while making it more and more difficult to do the basic things which I wish to do. Then plaguing the life out of you until you upload their upgrade. I’ve never seen a photo manipulation “upgrade” that wasn’t an additional pain. Give me Photoshop from 97 ... oh, I have it ... then let me use it and I can do anything I can think of.

Fine, you forced me to gripe about it ...and I do so hate to ...

Well Lon, I’m gonna have to guess you don’t have a suggested simple to command printer. If the darned thing co-operates, I can buy ink. The various Barnes offices in this complex don’t generate a lot of paper. But I’d like to have that 65%, 80% ... just BW is fine for this, on regular card stock. Yay. Just like the Pilgrims used.

Gary
July 22, 2020 12:29AM
Gary,

No suggestions. I doubt there is anything left in this world that is simple.

Lon
July 23, 2020 12:34PM
An honest man.

May our simple dreams and desires come true Lon!

Hey, how is your machine shop? Does it bring you enjoyment? Any good projects of late?

Be Well,
Gary
July 24, 2020 01:03AM
Gary,

No metal work. My recent projects have been with the 3D printer. I may have mentioned that I just did a printhead upgrade which was my last metal shop project. I still need to dial in the 3D printer software so my prints have been a little sloppy.

I designed a trigger with a straight blade for a Ruger 10/22, printed it and installed it. I've had a little success but the latest version still needs work. It was not resetting properly so it would mag dump, I tweaked it and now it doesn't reset consistently.

I made an Arduino accelerometer that can be affixed to a gun barrel in an attempt to graph the recoil pulse, and it works but it does not record data fast enough to accurately graph locktime which was my hope. I'm getting ~8 milliseconds per data point which is WAY too slow, I need to get the rate up by an order of magnitude. The hardware boxes were designed and printed on the 3D printer. The larger black box plugs into a laptop with a USB cable and the small black box I was rubber banding to a barrel which is why it is shaped like an upside down V block.

Here is a graph recording the accelerometer sitting on a speaker cone driven by a 250hz sine wave.

I'm working 25 days with only 3 days off this month so that only leaves enough time to catch up on the chores around the house to keep me fed and in clean socks. I'll have more free time in the fall I hope, and I should have the major holidays off this year so I need to keep grinding away until then.

Lon

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2020 01:11AM by Bigbore.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021