Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Recently ... Lots of shop time

Recently ... Lots of shop time
August 23, 2020 02:08PM
I’ve been spending quite a lot of time on a project. I don’t want you to think I’ve forgotten you. It will be done soon.

I’ve had a heaping helping of my old nemesis during the project. We’ll see how the old man works. Hah, I recall a customer wondering to me, if he was getting full measure when I was working thru such pain. When he got his project; he replied that I could work on his commissions under any condition, and be assured he was getting work if the highest quality.

I’ll show it ASAP.

So glad Kurt brought out a piece for Show and Tell. Do you have a favorite or rare example to show. We’d all enjoy.

Best
Gary
August 31, 2020 01:13PM
What pocket knife have you had for the longest time? Can be a bowling pin souvenir knife ... just wondering the characteristics of your oldest knife. Post a pic please. We’ll enjoy.

I’ll have a few pics to show today. Can’t yet talk about the theme knife I worked a long time on. So please fill in for me.

Thanks,
Gary
August 31, 2020 03:23PM
Your like my wife on jury duty !
You ain’t getting NO information on that top secret knife ! Haha
I’ve got a good one to show I’ll get too after work .

I’m wondering who has the EARLIEST Barnes serial number knife laying around too ! Hmmmm
There’s gotta be single and double digit knifes out there somewhere.

Thanks
Kurt
August 31, 2020 05:33PM
I’d love to see that too Kurt. It’s great fun to see older pieces. Great to see the designs. Often a new piece will shift me into (or back into) a given type of knife or PCP.

I’m REALLY anxious to get back to my pistol project. I’ll love to get that shooting. You guys know that I just don’t get to do what I want to do. Being “Self Employed” just doesn’t give me that option. There’s the “How much $ do I need?” “When?” “Who might be interested?” “What is the state of my health?” “Can I hold my concentration throughout?” That last one has been the biggie this year so far. I’ve been trying real hard not to bother you with my health stuff. And I won’t. But it’s the “Chronic” (unending) characteristic that burns thru the concentration. Treatments and meds only bring me brief (couple hours) of turning down the pain. Never turns stuff off.

K. Enough. You need to realize how special finished projects are. That’s a badge for a collection of fifty hours I’ve been able to assemble in the cracks, between the field of pain. It’s not insignificant. I just wish I could portray that accurately to each reader.

A few pics later. A nice Mdl. 97 soon. Thanks so much for reading.

God Bless
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 67
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021