Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Update on Wife's cancer

Update on Wife's cancer
October 02, 2020 03:35PM
Hello All,

Thought I would provide an update for my wife's condition. Cannot believe its been 3 months, going on 4.

A lot of up and downs. She was on a steroid since June, and was to be tapered off but doctors missed it. Side affects are retaining water, her ankles and legs were swollen, her mobility suffered. Doctors finally are tapering it off and her walking has improved. Had many tests last few months. Recent CT scan shows no new tumors growing (at this point) but she had bad pain last week. The CT scan did show severe blood clotting in her lungs so we were told to visit ER immediately. She is on blood thinners now and antibiotics.

We meet with the oncologist next week as chemo might be use once more to improve her quality of life. Her cancer is metastatic and slowly spreading. The tumors in her brain have shrunk from radiation, but always risk of more forming. She forgets words, and where I am at times etc. I asked our local cancer doctor about he initial ER doctors prognosis and she said not to go by that as they really do not know. He had said she has 6 to 12 months.

So we take things day by day. Some days are long. We are hoping another treatment would at least allow her to be more mobile and feel "better" so she can go out and enjoy the time she has left. Being stuck in bed or a chair all day is no life.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts toward us, appreciate it.

Pedro
October 02, 2020 05:21PM
Hello Peter, and Maria,

I wish there were more to do beside praying. We think of you both. We send our prayers. But, as you know; we are programmed to DO things. I really appreciate hearing from you. I hate to text and risk ruining the ten minutes you’ve managed to get this off your mind. But I am open to you 24/7. You both have our love Pedro and Maria.

Gary and Kelly
October 02, 2020 10:50PM
Pedro,

My thoughts are with you during these difficult times.

Lon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021