Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Here is that Great 97. Nearly Complete ...

Here is that Great 97. Nearly Complete ...
October 13, 2020 09:14PM
D7E264A7-FEF4-4810-8207-CAD9190F28C3.jpeg

Almost complete. Mount the Clip and establish the blade’s edge. Then sharpen.

These are a LOT of work. Turn out very nice. Very Classic.

More later.

Have to report. I’ve lost most of a week to severe pain. Yes, I worked. Hey, I think some may still like the human side of the product pictures. Meaning ... well ... “what do you do when you say you’ve lost time to pain?” or that you “worked thru the pain?”

Well, first; I always start by blaming myself. “Ah crap! You aren’t whimping out on me AGAIN???” Now, do I go sit and watch TV? Never. “Video Games?” Never. “Lay down?” Seldom. I have to really really hurt. To the point of being totally useless. I generally try to find something I think I “miiiiight just” be able to do. Huddled over a bench on a chair. It’s not a time to sit down - then go get something. Then lathe off an end - sand something. I have to have something “prepared”. I can sit with a pencil and sharpie and design. The part of my brain that hurts isn’t the creative side. I can transfer a design from paper to a prepared steel die blank. I like that. But I can’t hover over it and line cut engraving. I can rotary air turbine carve. That’s great to have as a backup. Now, I’m often doing this under conditions that would drive most people to their chair and blanket. I don’t know how or why. I just know I must do what I can.

Lately, it’s been my SI Joint. Right under your belt, about 3 3/4” from your spinal center, on the right side ... get someone to drive a big nail in there. About 3” deep oughta do. You’ll know it’s right if the pain has a sickening ache to it. Yeah. Just let it there. Don’t worry, something else will come along and hurt worse in a bit and take your mind off the nail. Maybe a stabbing headache. That works.

Ok. Yeah, that’s why I haven’t been as talkative. If you want to chat too, I’ll try to do better.

Just filling you in. I think of all of you. I know some of you have intense trouble. I pray for you. I hope you can find a bit of time to distract your mind from time to time. And maybe my little forum will help. There are interesting things in the world. I think if things I think are neat. I’d like to use my skills to make enjoyable things - more often. Faster. And I try.

God Bless You All
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2020 01:35AM by barnespneumatic.
October 19, 2020 06:08PM
Great looking knife Gary.

Sorry to hear that you are still dealing with pain. I hope that the docs can figure it out so that you can actually work! Least you can do a few things but it still hurts the motivation to move forward.

Thinking of you!

Pedro

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2020 06:08PM by pedrog.
October 20, 2020 12:55AM
Another beauty!
I really like the Model 97 action. It works well for me, every time.

Scott
October 21, 2020 01:39AM
Thanks Scott,

Good to hear stories from the field. Scott has 97’s in the Largest models and in the tiniest models. He knows more about them then I do. Hah. Believe him.

Always great to find a few guys around the Rendezvous Campfire.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 69
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021