Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Catch Up. Hope you are all well. target plane

Catch Up. Hope you are all well. target plane
November 10, 2020 01:45PM
Hi Guys,

I know it has been a while. Thank you for checking in on our campfire gathering.

I’ve been through an extended season of severe pain. That eats into every area of my life. I’m sorry; because I knew I’d get older (and planned for that by gathering my tools, learning my skills, providing a shop and simple home). I thought I’d always be able to work in the shop. I do spend the days there, but unless you suffer from pain that just won’t let go ... you won’t know how it steals your concentration and drive.

I’ve spent quite a lot of time and effort with my Drs. trying to find a treatment program which will relieve the pain. Discover something we’ve missed. Try a new course of drugs, suppliment, or new way to administer them. It’s involved a lot of travel and expense I frankly find difficult. When you feel just hideous, one of the last things you want to do, is to get into the car for a longer trip.

02A36090-751E-44B1-9A6F-76CC3DA5F5FF.jpeg

This isn’t a pity party, just an update as to where I’ve been. I’ve been trying to pay the bills with simpler projects. Work on whatever I’m able to do that given hour.

I have completed a really fine knife. I’d like show you and see it it is something you may enjoy owning. That’s the next post.

My health issues are not things that “heal”. That’s the cruel part. It’s normal for people to expect you to get better and get on with it. It’s cruel because there is nothing I’d rather do. However; there’s no “cut” or “broken bone” to heal. No muscle to get stronger thru therapy. It’s damaged nerves. It’s bone spurs grinding into stuff. It’s headaches. And it screws up my balance and enjoyment of everything. Bummer. Time passage has no effect on fixing it. Wish it did. Yes, I do anticipate that normal people expect the cycle to go: 1). I got sick/injured. 2). I went to the Dr. 3). I got better. 4). I worked extra hard and now I’m all caught up.

I’m fairly smart. I know the expectation. And I feel the stares when I don’t play along.

Here’s what I can do. The next post is a really nice professionally hand built Folder. Only problem, it actually took four times the total build time to finish it. I don’t bill hours, so that’s my problem. If you have enjoyed my work, over nearly 47 years, I’m the same guy. Same values. Here’s an opportunity for you to own one of my later pieces of work. Just a note too. If you are buying up my work from the 70’s and 80’s ... I got paid once for those ... a long time ago. It’s frustrating to compete against my younger self as those 1983 knives get resold by great grandkids of original clients. I hate to eat crackers rather then sell my newer work. Hah. You see how that works. So take a look please.

God Bless
Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2020 02:17PM by barnespneumatic.
November 10, 2020 04:22PM
Get better soon and keep on keeping on thumbs up
God bless

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2020 04:24PM by RugerAirMagnum.
November 10, 2020 08:59PM
Thanks Rugar,
I’ll keep at it. Thanks for the well wish
Thanks for stopping by
Gary
November 11, 2020 11:14AM
Gary,
If we could only reverse the aging process....
I pray for a better day today!

Scott
November 24, 2020 07:47PM
Hope this new medicine regime will do the trick to lighten your load!
Prayers and God Bless
Bob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 69
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021