Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NOW SOLD! Thank You. bullhorn. Pardon Me ... Is this your Great Grandson’s Pocket Knife? It “Could” be!

NOW SOLD

I can see this, 30 years from now ... clipped on a watch Chain.

It’s a smooth acting Classic Slip Joint (Spring Back). It has a great integral Watch Chain Eye Loop on the back. Beautiful Mosaic Sides of Ancient Mammoth, Turquoise, and Ebony. File Cut Liners and Back Spring. This knife alone, is $650 plus $23 shipping. If you are interested in any other knife I have, I’ll make it into a worthwhile combo.

It’s been a week of migraines and horrible back aches. I’ll pick this up tomorrow.

Gary

Blade is planned to be mirror polished. Will have my engraved logo.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2021 02:27PM by barnespneumatic.
7EA3641C-8B16-4064-A9AC-5D2B10F0D87B.jpeg
C8B232F3-F309-4A9E-8CD4-D688172540AD.jpeg
A157703B-6B1E-4345-857B-61A2E892A3BA.jpeg
1E6BFC2E-B061-4C93-A538-5629C873BA36.jpeg
Please note - this is a pic IN PROGRESS. The blade is not sanded and polished yet. . Thank you for looking.
Re: FOR SALE bullhorn. Pardon Me ... Is this your Great Grandson’s Pocket Knife? It “Could” be!
August 01, 2021 01:29PM
9558A786-F817-4729-8CE4-B2B72E94FD6F.jpeg

And now the blade is sanded and polished. Makes quite a difference, doesn’t it?
hot smiley Howdy Gary
I’ve always loved the rich brown/ yellow of the mammoth. It’s definitely turning into a treasure for someone. sleepy

Thanks
Kurt
Gary,

I like your pocket knives, works of art and great tools. Is the blade stainless?

Keith
Gosh, I completely forgot about this. Duh.

So I’m moving it up. And I’ll sand and polish ASAP.
Congratulations to the new owner! That is a beautiful knife even in the "rough". The polish will make some nice pics.
Kent
So; where is it? It was close right. Couple of days right?

Very true. But that was before the location pin slipped, on the jig positioning the tool bit, used to relieve the interior blade tang rotation area .... and grabbed the outside liner ... and spun, gouged, mangled, and fully destroyed the piece.

Now, on occasions I’ve made a new matching part to mirror or match one. This time I decided an entire new set was the way to get the best job. So; for the last 2 1/2 days, I’ve been catching back up. And I’ve caught up, and passed that point now.

Thanks.
Gary
It’s a shame when things go wrong. However I made a complete new set of file cut liners. Here are the new ones.

D5F1E550-B473-40D7-A2D1-0B89A9F8BDC4.jpeg

3164D1C0-9048-4AF0-9D2F-9E0FDB822FA5.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Gary
This is a Rope/Vine motif. With a cross band.

Nice the way it stacks.

Gary
It’s a bummer you had to make new liners, but the new ones look nice. Can’t wait to see pics of it completed.

I hate when things don’t go to plan, but you have the skills required to adjust and keep the project moving forward. When my plans go astray, I have to call in experts, at an increased cost that not only sinks my budget, but also my timeline. A real pain in the rear.

Keith
The “Last ... Last” punch list Card.

Just a few more ...

Hope you have enjoyed.
Gary
B8B0724E-AD8C-4FBF-9AE1-DF2E441C0936.jpeg
53B16D67-80F0-42B4-AE02-47DC1B270A04.jpeg
Looks like it will be done soon. Can’t wait to see the completed knife.

Keith
Me too, my Friend.
I have lost two long posts recently. This is a test.

I have really enjoyed using my small Black Wharncliffe blade 97. I get a smile every time I fold it and return it to my pocket. I’ve only ever made a couple knives for me, with a clip. And they work well.

I have some belts and materials arriving now thru Tuesday. That brings a true joy as well.

If you find a post somewhere else mentioning these things, please note and tell me. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. A nice post will take an hour to draft. I hate to loose them.

Back to work. We had to get some groceries. We’re back and my Shop Kitchen items are stored. Let’s go ...

Gary
The reason I mentioned my small Wharncliffe 97 that I enjoy so much, is because I hope you will enjoy this lovely Slip Joint just as much. Good tools that become friends bring a lot of joy. One that stands out as much as this one does, will bring smiles easily.

It doesn’t have to be the same knife or materials, but many triggers are similar. Grinding Tool Steel has a certain “smell”. It takes me to enjoyable days in the mid Seventies. To figuring out how to heat treat steel for a given purpose. To design a leaf spring that will have a smooth and durable life to it. To put an edge on steel which will easily shave. All special memories. And to place a bit of your own handwork, into the family of a friend. And know it will serve well.

This one is almost ready. It’s making its own memories.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021