Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Hi Guys

Hi Guys
June 26, 2021 12:34AM
I’ve been going through a time of not feeling well. I’m sorry. I had been a bit better.

I won’t drag you thru it. I just wanted to tell you I’m here and working my best.

Short note. Head is splitting.

Night

Gary
June 26, 2021 09:37PM
Howdy Gary
Sorry to hear bout the migraines. They can be debilitating I hear .
Hope it passes soon .

Thanks
Kurt
June 27, 2021 12:40PM
Thanks Kurt,

It finally passed about 9pm. I don’t recommend them.

I appreciate the note. Hope you are well, and your family.

Gary
July 02, 2021 01:52PM
Hello again,

Thank you for reading. I have been doing what I’m able. I don’t want to present the image of me being feeble; but I’ve just been in serious pain every day. It’s so difficult to keep my thoughts together. That’s frustrating. And working thru a headache, with a painful back, and extremely painful cracking/klacking neck .... it really wears you down. I hate to whine about it, but I must give account for what I’m working on and why. “Chronic Pain” seriously sucks. It robs your life and makes you bitter about that.

All the years of learning. The decades of practice. All brought to a halt. And worse; I feel the guilt ... because I know the disappointment evident in silence. After decades of producing world class results for power and accuracy. After preparing great entertainment and posting it free of charge. I get tossed on the rubbish heap because of chronic pain. If I can’t produce, if I can’t document, if I don’t share enough witty entertainment; then I’m of no farther use. The unspoken message is: “find the method to restore yourself, and we’ll see.” But as it is, silence is all you deserve. Yes, it hurts ... worse than the migraines. It’s as if there is a clear and easy correction, and I’m too hard headed to grasp it. There isn’t. I’ve followed every trail to the edge of it’s cliff.

So; I tell you what I’ve been able to do. And hope you know I’d do more if possible. While less then my best, I’ve done some jewelry work for the Turtle Rescue Gift Shop. Visitors to the Center, have purchased quite a lot of our jewelry lately. So often, I sit and carve dies, or make small components. That’s possible, and it pays bills.

I don’t mean to be a bummer. But I know from the numbers and the silence, there’s little thought about what I’m up to. For those who want to know, and enjoy dropping by for a chat, I keep posting. I appreciate the friends I’ve been able to make over the last 25 years in Airguns and Jewelry, and in the previous 22 years of making Knives, furniture, jewelry, signs, and etc. It’s been a lot of days in the shop. A lot of pictures. A lot of conversation. It’s been given all I have to give.

God Bless you.
Gary
July 04, 2021 07:17PM
Gary,

Hope you are enjoying this weekend with your family and your health is improving. Keep your fingers crossed that the 2nd half of he year will be better then the 1st.

Keith
July 05, 2021 01:07PM
Thank you Keith. Fingers crossed. Lights on.

Wanna see a pic of a group of jewelry I’ve been bringing along? You doooo? wow

22B7286C-4A2E-40DE-BB29-316869C27EB3.jpeg

The manager of the Gift Shop portion of the sea Turtle Conservation Center is pretty sharp with digital media. As you are Keith. She is going to feature a new design of Pendant on their Website. There are 12 copies in the pic here. It gets my twisted vine Bail as well. There are other individual pieces here too.

22B7286C-4A2E-40DE-BB29-316869C27EB3.jpeg

I know if your interest is my Airguns, then my knives or jewelry doesn’t fit the bill. But they are valid Barnes Collectibles and I can often do some jewelry parts when I’m unable to do more technical work. Thank you for stopping by to view my work.

Blessings
Gary

If you are interested; the Pendant is $58 plus $5 for Uncle Sam to walk it over to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2021 01:16PM by barnespneumatic.
97EE43F1-153F-4F65-BA72-4479227339F8.jpeg
July 10, 2021 04:14PM
Hi Gary,
As you know I have your mermaid pendant on my kayak hat. There's some Barnes bling on my wrist here too.
Mermaid Hat.jpeg
Well the hat will eventually need replaced and i'm going to get the replacement ready now. Please set the Kraken pendant, below the seahorse, aside for me.
Hope you get feeling better,

Thanks,
Kent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2021 04:16PM by Cajun Justice.
July 10, 2021 06:24PM
Thank you Kent.

You got it ... (or does it have you .... Bwahhhahhhaaaa!!!)

I can detect some improvements. However; it’s a zero sum gain. One of my most useful gifts has always been ... my Attention Span. I still have the attention, but I forget what I’m paying attention too. stunned. I even loose the parts at least once a day. I’m concerned that some of my meds are fighting, but that’s not my department. It’s maddening though.

I’ll set this back for you, and I appreciate it very much.

Well .... it’s turning into a good Forum Day. That’s great. Thank you very much!

Gary
July 15, 2021 11:15PM
Here’s that Mermaid Up Close. I like it. I call her “Misty”.

7ABDA5DE-7F75-4B68-9CEB-1E44709E3B43.jpeg

E6266534-0CE2-4707-8CA1-EDF3E90E0B56.jpeg

And her little Sister - “Skipper”

Gary
July 15, 2021 03:49PM
Dang Gary
That’s a big ole pile of work you got there ! They sure looks nice too . I’m glad it helps a little with the bills. I really don’t think we are EVER meant to get ahead .
Keep up the good work.pushingarock

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 104
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021