Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: SURVEY! Weights

SURVEY! Weights
August 30, 2021 06:34PM
I’ve been showing you some of my Die Struck Pendants.

Please share an idea for an Icon, a Symbol, or a Scene; that I can cut a die of.

Let’s see what you think of please! You call it, I can cut it ... if it seems like there might’ve a likely demand for it. Try to think “Generic” if possible, so I don’t need to cut 38 breeds of “Dogs”. Haha

Gary
Re: SURVEY! Weights
September 02, 2021 09:37PM
Some of the new Pendants after polishing and cleaning.

Can ALSO make a novel desk piece with a block of wood (Walnut finished, Drift Wood - Forest pick up) with an angled groove in top to display the engraved plate. Has a Classy Look. I’ll show you soon.

18AFDE76-700B-4272-ADF6-DA5F2B541AA9.jpeg

A note: All this work falls under the category of ... “Tell me about the piece on your desk! (Or “... your pendant”, or “... your talisman”). We can have interesting pieces around us. I’m not ashamed to acknowledge that I used to be younger. When I was younger, I was quick to draw up a complex project, and wade right in. I find that now, I’m pleased to occasionally get seated at my work desk, and carve. It’s frequent that pain prevents me from those standing, bent, hunched over, or twisted positions that light up my worn parts.

Now, what do you carve? Well ... it may be that a larger project is ready to ornament. But that would have accumulated tremendous effort to bring along to such a point. And so “stand alone objects” are quite nice. A small case? A pill box? Locket? If planned ahead of time ... a die set to Coin medallions. Bolsters. Or the object I mentioned today, a miniature landscape to stimulate imagination. I’ll be finishing a few.

Wouldn’t it be better if we just stayed young and highly productive? If our joints didn’t stiffen and ache? Perhaps. But then, these small affordable trinkets would never be born to amuse our souls. And family members would not have opportunity to pick up something for Dad, on occasion. I admit it’s searching out a reason to sit and carve, when my old bones would rather sink into chair cushions. But wink with me, and call it work please.

God Bless.
Gary

I’m polishing another weeks worth that have just reached this stage. Please check back. Thank You.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021