Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Fun Fun Fun!!! Hah.

Fun Fun Fun!!! Hah.
September 17, 2021 11:51PM
The Studio Air Compressor burned up I t’s pressure regulator. And I’ve spent half the week hunting 90 degree fitting that goes from a 3/8” male around the corner to a 1/4” female. Along with about five dozen various fittings and of course a pressure regulator that switches on at 135 psi and off at 155 psi. Along with hose, quick couplers, and most other adapters known to man. It’s been a hoot. It finally works and I’m just plain tickled.

You take for granted all this stuff when it works. You know there must be 65,000 things in the shops here that work. Just one with a glitch will stop you in your tracks. I used to do all this repair and hunting for parts without even considering it. Now ... I CONSIDER IT! In fact, when I drop something ... I might stand and sorrowfully stare at it for some time ... deciding if I REALLY REALLY NEED TO INVEST THE PAIN REQUIRED TO HUNT IT DOWN AND RETRIEVE IT. HUNT FOR IT BECAUSE IT WILL ALWAYS BOUNCE OFF MY TOE NOW, AND REBOUND INTO A DARK RECESS of the shop. When I was young, I’d drop something and it would just calmly lay there atop my foot waiting for me. Of it might bounce half way back to my fans where I could snag it. I used to dream up the most corny things that always worked immediately. Assembled from junk laying around. Not so much now. Gravity may not work on a Tuesday here now. Just how it goes.

Well, I got this compressor working. And it will maintain down to as low as 5 psi and up to 100 psi. Handy.

Painful week. But I kept at it. Still at it.
Ok. Have to shave for Church in the morning. Wish me luck.

Best All
Gary
22FEABC2-D06A-46BC-8EE5-1A75DB1C6D0B.jpeg
92DD77BB-1FDF-4E73-AD23-C8E2ECFD63FE.jpeg
990941E1-B08D-4F98-B9FB-C7734D5B4CA9.jpeg
66F15B1F-EA84-41BA-B84E-5B706FB3A276.jpeg
September 18, 2021 07:40PM
Gary
I hope you got it sorted out .
I can always tell how hard a job is/ was by the amount of tools out after your done ! Haha
 kinda weird text here 

now I see 

looks like you got it

never messed with tool bar much

Ps: I see a couple ole recurve bows in the background there . Looks like an old Bear (Tamerlane) target bow .

Thanks
Kurt
September 24, 2021 02:01AM
Hi Kurt,

Yes. I have bows and more bows everywhere. Wish I had the shoulders still. And with my love of Crossbows and my tools and skills, it would be nice to see ornate precise examples rather then ten prototype, kinda finished, this one in parts, that one usable but not presentable. Where are the hours to make nice things to enjoy before they end up in somebody’s .... place.

I spend soooooo much time trying to get to feeling human, and when I finally do, it’s bed time and 50% of me is aching too bad anyway. Sucks.

Do what you want before you wear out. And yes ... it CAN HAPPEN to you.

Ok. Coffee. Yayyyyy

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021