Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Weather check

Weather check
October 07, 2021 10:05AM
Howdy Gary
I’ve been noticing some extremely long days of solid rain and flash flooding down in your neck of the woods . I’m praying your staying high and dry .

We’ve been getting lots of rain also up here in Michigan. Some 3-4 days in a row of solid rain is too much .
The ditches in my neighborhood are actually flowing so hard out of the farm fields you can canoe /kayak down them . I know when you first moved down to Florida you did a lot of water control efforts. I’m also learning where to watch in my new home . It seems my driveway IS the main channel to the ditch out front.
It’s a good 150 ft worth of drainage and works pretty well . I’ve just got a few areas close to the house to fix .
Take care and tell Miss Kelly I said hello .

Thanks
Kurt
Re: Weather check
October 07, 2021 02:45PM
Hi Kurt,

Kelly appreciated the thought. Thanks.

The weather has been quite wet. But the shop does a good job of keeping the weather in the outside.

Your memory is correct. We put a lot of effort into water control. What we did works well and has been pretty low maintenance. I found myself listening to a newish fellow at Church Sunday. Back at the kitchen snack/chat area between services. He was talking his way through the same trials We’d had with water. He’s new to his place. I talked him through my self scouring drain box and ended up with the Pastor getting me a sheet of paper to draw it out for him. It sure has worked well for us.

Between the front draining ditch and box/pipe system, and the long drainage system from the lane down thru the woods; we got it under control. Only took a few years to engineer. Slightly more work than Ancient Rome invested. And ... hey!!! It worked.

Thks Kurt
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021