Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Well ... Guess What?

Well ... Guess What?
December 15, 2021 04:19PM
I felt like I had a metal splinter in my thigh a few days ago. Examination yielded nothing. In a couple of days ... the area was covered with a painful rash. Yeah, I know you are ahead of me. I thought it was a cluster of ant bites. They will do that.

But ... a trip to the Doc says ... “No ... you are older than dirt ... that’s “Shingles”.

OMG ... I have been correct when I’ve said that “We die of humiliation and embarrassment”. Shingles. Isn’t that the Malady that everybody’s Great Uncle Roderick got and spent the rest of his life talking about Neuropathy? The old people’s reason for not being able to tell the accelerator from the brake in their Town Car. I got my Neuropathy honestly ... nerve damage from a dozen jacked up back discs.

Ok. That’s the story. Now I have Shingles. I could engrave the Last Supper on a grain of rice ... but I’m busy searching Classified Ads for a 94 Town Car ... Wink

I’ll be here. Oh ... and the Antiviral pill is “Plastic Blue and the size of a Door Knob”. And it tries to put you to sleep in 20 min. Yep ... embarrassment. That’s what gets ya.

Gary
December 16, 2021 03:58PM
Gary
I’m sorry to hear that . It’s is a bummer for sure . Add another pill to your repertoire!
Are you SURE that big blue one isn’t a suppository ?? Hohoho boing

Ok well take care my friend . The holidays approaching and we only have a few days left in this old year ! The next will be even better

God bless

Thanks
Kurt
December 17, 2021 02:22AM
Thanks Kurt,

Yeah ... you know you have to be pretty healthy to swallow that antiviral pill. It’s sort of a cross between a stick of butter and a door knob. I think it’s intended to sort out the survivors from the “pee wees”.

Ok. Sleep

Gary
December 17, 2021 02:31AM
Thanks Kurt,

Yeah ... you know you have to be pretty healthy to swallow that antiviral pill. It’s sort of a cross between a stick of butter and a door knob. I think it’s intended to sort out the survivors.

Ok. Sleep. That honkin blue one will really put you to sleep if you don’t fight it from the 30 thru the 90 minute mark.

Gary
December 20, 2021 01:43AM
And now, 4-5 days down the road, I can tell you it hurts.

All these things are issues I try to juggle while trying to work. I learned a whopping number of skills that I fight to practice. I’d rather be using them - effectively. Longer. Thinking clearly.

I hope you are ok. Hope Christmas is arriving in a civilized manner at your home. Hope your plans turn out. Hope your family stays safe.

God Bless

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2021 02:04AM by barnespneumatic.
December 23, 2021 04:06PM
Gary,
I know you know this already, but:
Shingles sucks!

I pray things settle down enough for you to enjoy Christmas with your family.

Scott
December 25, 2021 04:09PM
Ga ry,
So Sorry to hear this. I had shingles at the tender age of 10 all around my waist. I would not wish this on anybody. Hopefully they have much better antibiotics nowadays.
Anyway hopefully you will get to enjoy the Xmas Holidays. I’ll say an extra prayer for you. Keep the faith May 2022 be a Much Better Year for everyone.

Rick G.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021