Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: CLOSER

CLOSER
May 23, 2022 03:22PM
Now I sand and shape perimeter. I shape ears and tongue on release. I polish the inside and the hinge barrel. Remove Nickel Oxide. Sign and number. Et al

8597B174-C1BD-4DCD-8CE1-608240D54FB1.jpeg

The Prototype Liberty Case is Approaching!

Gary
May 23, 2022 04:31PM
Looks great!
I hope you are making more than one of these. or is it going to the highest bidder???

Scott
May 23, 2022 11:58PM
Hello Scott,

I would not set up a scrap among friends. And I’ve made all the tooling and notes in order to make them a regular item. The Liberty Case you have been watching will be $450 and I will pay the postage.

This Prototype is SOLD. Kurt dropped his marker on it weeks ago.

I have others in the works already. And, I have a version with Oak Leaves and Acorns Struck into the metal of the case.

These will all be numbered. I told Kurt he gets the prototype. He’s been supportive of the project for some time. I think I’m also going to separate the Prototype and Serial No. 1. A “Prototype” is the piece which Proofs a Concept. Serial #1 says, “Yes, we like it - we are going to go with it, and this is the first one of the series. I want you to understand that this is not a gimmick for a few more bucks. The Prototype is sold, and I think #1 is sold as well. Neither one of these Gents paid a dollar more for their Prototype nor their S#1. Down the road, the Collector Market will appreciate the distinctions, but I didn’t ask more. It was a “thank you” for early support in the project.

Drop your marker or contact me ASAP to let me know.

Best,
Gary
May 24, 2022 01:36AM
Ok All,
Both the Prototype and S#1 are sold. Thank you Both!

More Later.
Gary
May 24, 2022 01:36PM
Thanks Gary
I’m excited to see it for sure . I’ve always loved your expedition cases but the round watch type I can see me denting in my pocket . The little square will be perfect. I think back to the texts you sent when you started engraving the minute man and we talked about eyes, nose , mouth just to name a few .
That work will last forever too
Thanks

Thanks
Kurt
C6C2C9CA-3188-4DBB-88D2-6678F2AE8CEE.jpeg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021