Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey Oak Leaf Folks ... First Press nowthatIthink

Hey Oak Leaf Folks ... First Press nowthatIthink
July 04, 2022 07:24PM
80D8A30B-F3A4-4C3A-AF04-0682C7E75A6F.jpeg

I carved an entire set of Oak Leaf and Acorn Dies. I got a good response from the idea of a Case with this theme. Here is the First Press of the First Die. I know ... it’s been forever.

ALSO; I’m nearing the finish of the KYDEX CARRY CASE for the Model 97A Folder. That’s also been forever!

What’s taking these so long? Think it over for fifteen seconds and you’ll thank me for not making you read the whole story again. It’s been the life path that was chosen for me. I must walk it. I’m doing my best. It kills me that I’m slow and the path is rocky. But others have it worse. So I’m blessed. I can still work.

I’ll be back later with other detail. That 97A Carry Case is nearly complete. It was much more work than I anticipated but it’s very neat. These leaf Dies were also more work than I expected. I’ve made jewelry Dies for Aluminum Alloys for years. Nickel Silver is completely different. I made two sets of these Dies too. So we will have Oak for Aluminum too.

A9923947-B4D1-4E39-9366-882AD765940C.jpeg

I’m pleased with the work. I trust you can all find enjoyment here too. Everything I make and sell, adds to my Body of Work and helps me keep the lights on too. As you know, prices are higher everywhere ... except at Barnes.

Best
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2022 07:30PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Hey Oak Leaf Folks ... First Press nowthatIthink
July 05, 2022 11:04AM
Howdy all
That’s looking nice . I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into those dies plus the heat treatment.
Is your jack that you press with 100 ton ? It looks pretty beefy .
We have to stamp ( with a hammer ) letters and numbers into steel beams for identification purposes. We do each character by hand and as you can guess the letter B and number 8 are the hardest to imprint due to the surface area .
Number 1 and I are easy ! knucklehead

Take care and thanks for the pictures.

Thanks
Kurt
Re: Hey Oak Leaf Folks ... First Press nowthatIthink
July 05, 2022 12:53PM
Hi Kurt,

I work mainly with 50 ton and 20 ton. I wish I had a 60 ton. A lot of my Dies are on the edge of capacity. From what I’ve run across, prices make a jump I can’t handle between 50 and 60 ton bottle jacks. If anybody was wondering what to get me for Christmas ... ooohhhh ... a footba.... 60 ton bottle jack. Or a 75 ton if you run into a truckload sale. I’ve wanted one for 30 years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021